12. Gifts

Well three of my readers birthday is in these two days and I can't deny their request at all. Happy birthday Seher and Ruchika. And happy birthday in advance to @tlktvnfnty , sorry I had to post early.

_____________

Everyone was settled on the dining table as servants served the food. Aashrit took the first bite of food as per the ritual of their family and soon everyone also started having food.

Nitya was not worried about food being good as her husband made sure to make her taste everything he made.

"Why two sweets?" Meera asked "You didn't have to do so much work." She said worried.

"Bhabhi, one is made by me and another is by Nitya," Shivansh told her and everyone smiled seeing his enthusiasm.

Nitya looked at him with questioning eyes and he just blinked his eyes assuring her to not worry.

"Which one is made by you shivu?" Nalini asked excitedly.

Shivansh looked at her and he knew that she was going to bash Nitya so it was better to not tell her "Well, bua ji you have to find that. You claim that you love me the most, so find out which one is made by me." He said showing fake excitement.

Nalini took a bite of both Kheer and then halwa. Everyone looked at her with curious eyes ready to know what Nitya was going to hear.

"They both are good." She said not finding which one was made by her nephew and went silent.

Shivansh took a deep breath realizing that Nitya was safe for today at least but their happiness didn't stay for so long when Nalini spoke again.

"I will be staying for two weeks," Nalini announced and Revati choked on her food. Nitya quickly gave water to Revati as she was sitting beside her only.

"Why?" Shreya spoke out loud not realizing, making everyone look at her.

"What do you mean by why? It's my house, I can stay for as long as I want." Nalini said and Shreya muttered a small sorry.

"You can stay for more than 2 weeks. It's your house only choti." Rajveer said with a smile and Nalini nodded without looking at him.

After breakfast, everyone gave gifts to Nitya which got her overwhelmed until it was Shivansh's turn.

"So Shivu, your gift for Nitya," Aashrit said in a serious voice.

Shivansh nodded and forwarded a small and a big box to her. Nitya took the boxes but didn't open them in front of everyone.

"Open it," Shreya said excitedly and Nitya looked at the table to see everyone looking at her excitedly.

She looked at Shiv who gestured for her to open the small box first and followed his unsaid orders, opening the small box , only to get shocked on seeing golden bangles in it. She looked at Shivansh who was looking anywhere but her. She so wanted to praise him and thank him but she couldn't in front of everyone and said a small thank you to him.

"Wow, bangles and that too golden. Bhai when you got that rich?" Revati giggled teasing him.

"It's all from my savings." He flaunted his romantic nature in front of everyone.

Nitya looked at him and felt emotional hearing him. She was over the moon just to hear that he was using his saved money for her. He is making her feel more special than anyone ever did. And the fact that his hard-earned money which he might have saved for his own, he is ready to spend on her. She got emotional but gulped down her tears and smiled at him genuinely.

"Not bad Shivu." Rashmi squealed at her son.

"I knew my Shivu is the most romantic among his brothers." Anika giggled at their younger one.