21. Childhood memories

2.5k votes and 400 comments for next chapter.

_________

Nitya and Shiv reached home only to see their family sitting there. It was an unusual sight as mostly everyone stayed in their room at this time because of being tired after working the whole day.

"What's special?" Shiv asked putting his bag aside and sitting beside his mother putting his head in her lap.

"Nothing, we were just showing Meera all of your childhood pics, and then slowly everyone joined," Anika replied showing something to Meera.

Nitya looked around as no one noticed her and tried to leave, feeling weird to sit here. It was strange for her because she was not used to these gestures, these family talks. Even in her family she was treated like an outcast, so she didn't want to do anything that might offend anyone. She turned back to go to her room when she heard Aashrit.

"Where are you going, Nitya?" He said in a loud voice and suddenly everyone's attention was on her.

She looked around to see everyone looking for an answer as her hands fidgeted together "Umm it's actually..........."

Aashrit cut her off in the middle "Come here" He said patting the space beside him "I have something special to show you."

She furrowed her brows but still joined him as everyone again got busy with their work.

"What is it bhaiya? Is it regarding the project? We were going but.........." Nitya tried to explain herself knowing how strict Aashrit is towards work.

"Relax bachhe" He patted her head "Leave office work in the office only." He caressed her head taking an album he was hiding behind his back.

Nitya smiled hearing him. First of all his nickname makes her feel at home, the home which she never had, the brotherly love she never got, the emotions she never experienced, and then the attention that she craved for her life.

She looked at the album Aashrit opened and a lovely pic of a girl came in front.

"how's she looking?" He asked with a smirk.

And Nitya awed instantly "Oh my God!! Revu you were so cute as a child." She gushed looking at the picture.

"Which one you are looking at? Show me also." Revati said taking the album as her laughter echoed the surroundings.

Everyone looked at her with furrowed brows as Revati turned the album towards everyone and suddenly one by one everyone started laughing except Meera, Shreya, Nitya, and SHIVANSH.

"It's your dear husband Shivu," Abhishek said rolling down on the floor and holding his stomach.

Nitya's eyes widened as she looked at the picture in Revati's hand and then at her husband whose whole face turned red.

She saw Shiv standing up ready to snatch the album but she was faster than him and hid the album behind her.

Shivu looked at Nitya with a complaining look as she bit her lips hard to control her smile

"I burned these pictures then how come?" Shiv shouted frustrated as Nitya covered her mouth with her hand.

"You sure you burnt those?" Aashirt smirked at him.

Shiv turned to Abhishek "I gave you those to burn them." He said accusing tone.

"Sorry bro, but Aashrit bhai's offer was quite tempting," Abhi said still laughing uncontrollably.

Shiv knew there was no gain in fighting with them as he turned to Nitya.

"Give me the album." He said in a serious tone.