17. Family Love

Nitya and Shivansh were lying in bed as Nitya was feeding him with all the happening of the day.

"Anyways I met your ex today," Nitya said with a serious expression.

"Which one?" Shivansh asked nonchalantly knowing as he already told her about her past.

"Mishti."

Shivansh thought about the name and suddenly he laughed out loud "Oh God you met that bundle of joy. Isn't she cute?" He exclaimed

"She is."

"She is one of the cutest."

"Oh and who else is the cutest?"

"Mimi, my best friend is the most cute girl I ever saw."

It got Nitya's attention "More than me?" She blurted out squinting her brows.

Shivansh looked at Nitya's face which clearly showed some hint of jealousy which he was enjoying so much"Are you somehow getting jealous"

Nitya looked at him getting caught "Why would I be?"

Shivansh pushed her onto the bed hovering over her as his hand rested beside her head "And you should never be. You will always be my priority."

Something flicked in her eyes hearing him and she whispered "Always?"

"Always," He said looking at her forehead closing the distance between them.

He looked in her eyes which were closing slowly as his lips rested on her forehead "Always and forever even after I turn old."

"You mean We turn old?" She whispered feeling his lips still on her forehead.

"No, only I will turn old because for me you'll always be this beautiful, full of youth."

Nitya opened her eyes to look at this man who always shuts her up with his choice of words.

"And about being cute, they all are just cute but you are more than cute, you know you are beautiful, pretty, enchanting, awesome, eye-catching..............." He kept on saying until Nitya laughed as he smiled back at her pretty smile which he loved to see.

"I am starting office tomorrow." She said looking into his eyes as he was still hovering over her.

"Do you want me to drop and pick you like a good husband." He said stroking her cheeks lightly with his thumb.

"No, that's fine. You must have so much work piled up also." She said resting her hand on his chest feeling his hard body.

"What if you are so tired and you couldn't drive." He whispered as their faces were closing.

"I will ask Kshitij to drop me." She whispered back making Shiv lean back instantly.

"Why would he drop you?" he said sitting back while Nitya kept lying there still in the trance not understanding the dampened mood of her husband.

"He does whenever I don't feel like driving."

Shivansh hummed not wanting to say anything that might upset her and just lay beside her. Before he could say something, his phone rang.

Arghhhh!!!! Who is calling me this late at night? He grumbled looking at his phone only to be shocked to see Aashrit's name.

He cleared his throat and attended the call instantly while Nitya looked at his change of attitude.

"yes bhai," he said and again after a minute he replied, "Yes I am on my way." He said standing up "Yes 30 minutes are enough." And he put the phone down.