22. Her mother

The silence was engulfing the night as only cricket sounds were heard all around. The moon was shining bright enjoying the stars twinkling. But in all this silence a silent whimper could be heard.

Someone was holding her neck. Nitya held both hands which were trying to strangle her neck. She was coughing hard and trying to reach the person's face who was trying to kill her. Her feet were banging on the bed as she opened her blurry eyes to see the face she never expected, Her Mother. And suddenly she left her hand still coughing, closing her eyes. As she was giving up on her life, she heard her name.

NITYA

NITYA

She opened her eyes and looked at the door to see Shivansh

.

NITYA I AM HERE BABY, PLEASE WAKE UP

A smile formed on her lips, she had someone to save her. She looked at him requesting him to save her. He ran towards her and

Her eyes opened

She closed her eyes again coughing, feeling the loss of air when she heard her name. She opened her eyes to look at Shivansh sitting in front of her with a glass of water in his hand.

"Are you fine?" he asked.

She looked around and realised she was in her room safe in his presence. This was the moment when she felt to want some assurance and she instantly hugged him.

Shiv tightened the hug in response "It was just a dream baby. All is well." He cooed at her.

Nitya didn't feel like crying but wanted some comfort. She moved close to him seeking at least some comfort from at least someone.

Shiv sat down comfortably as he took her in his lap caressing her hair.

"It was just a nightmare. You are safe."

"Yes, I am safe. It was a nightmare." She told herself closing her eyes and hugging him tight not speaking a word anymore.

Shiv caressed her hair cooing some encouraging words.

"Can you sleep again or do you want to go for a night walk?" He asked.

Nitya looked up instantly at him admiring him for his selfless care. She might fall for him if he keeps up this behavior "I heard you have a meeting early tomorrow." She said not wanting to spoil his night.

"It's fine. Nothing will happen if I sleep a little less someday." He said with worry all over his face.

Nitya forgot her dream on seeing her man caring for her like anything. He took a deep breath taking his face in her hand "Let's sleep."

"Would you be able to?" He asked

"Let's try." She said as they lay together in each other's embrace.

"Sleep," He said

"You too"

"Not before you." He said in a final tone making her smile.

She closed her eyes hugging him tight. She felt his hands caressing her cheek. She didn't want to sleep but neither did she want to keep him awake knowing well he would have to attend a meeting early in the morning. She kept faking her sleep until she heard his low snores.

Opening her eyes she looked at him sleeping like a baby. Her hands traced his cheek with a smile on her lips. She was grateful for him. Even if his care might not last long, still she wants to live this fully. She was ready to open her heart again for him, only for him.