25. Her Past

Nitya was on leave today as she decided to work from home. It was 7 in the morning and she knew no one must be there downstairs but she needed coffee. Shivansh was in the gym so she took her phone and sprinted downstairs.

Nalini was sitting outside in the garden alone when Niti noticed her. She wanted to talk to her before she leaves and decided to prepare two cups of tea. Although she didn't know how to make it though but still she gave her best and soon she was out in the garden with a tray in her hand. She put the tray in front of Nalini who was shocked seeing her there. After her behavior yesterday morning, she thought that Nitya hated her and would never talk.

Nalini didn't say a word and just looked at Nitya confused.

Nitya forwarded a cup of tea to her which she took silently as Nitya spoke further "Don't think that I forgave you for your words." She said taking a sip of tea which she spitted out instantly.

Nalini scrunched her nose but still took a little sip hesitantly as she almost puked "You can't even make tea. It's basic stuff to learn." She said getting offended.

Nitya looked at her and pouted "I don't do basic stuff. I am a high-maintenance person." She said flipping her hair and putting the cup back while almost puking making Nalini shake her head.

"Come. I will teach you." She said taking her hand while Nitya tried to stop her.

Soon they reached the kitchen as Nalini started to instruct her and Nitya followed her orders.

"Oh God!! You can't even make tea. What would happen to you?" She said slapping her forehead.

"My husband could cook." Nitya rolled her eyes funny.

"Well, then someday you could make something for your husband and surprise him," Nalini said as she collected all the material.

Nitya liked her idea and followed her orders and soon tea was ready which looked much better.

And now they were sitting in the hall with teacups in their hands.

"You are not that rude after all," Nitya said taking a sip of tea which she already praised a lot in her mind.

Nalini looked at her with squinted brows "What do you mean?"

"I mean the way you usually talk, I thought you must hate everyone but look at you..... helping me without yelling." Nitya looked at her smugly while Nalini mentally slapped her forehead for slipping out of character.

"You..........."

"Bua ji, you know I was the only female in my family before my bhabhi entered." Nitya interrupted Nalini and continued "And then my bhabhi came into our life. I wasn't even informed when my brother got married." She said taking a bite of the biscuit while Nalini silently listened to her "Everyone loved my bhabhi. Those who never entered the kitchen were making food for her, those who used to hate loud voices at home were laughing out loud with her, those who hated rituals and festivals were now celebrating those and bringing gifts for each other." She said with a smile on her face and loneliness in her eyes "I tried to hate her for changing everything, but then I realized she was never at fault. She never tried to hurt me, she never said anything hurtful to me, instead she always tried her best to make sure that I was always happy and got what I needed. And I realized I was blaming her for something she was never responsible for." She continued looking at Nalini "I feel that you are stuck in the same condition. Although I looked through all this and found the pure heart of my bhabhi, you haven't yet."

Nalini got angry hearing her "Are you saying all this to make me feel low?" She said angrily putting the teacup down.

Nitya just smiled "Then tell me the reason why do you not like any woman in the family? Isn't it because you were the only female some years ago getting all the attention from everyone and suddenly someone else entered this family and your place was lost somewhere?"