16. Orphanage

Happy birthday Noor and Sahi.

_________

It was 10 p.m., Shivansh and Nitya were walking towards their home holding each other's hand.

"You like night walks?" He asked as their hands collided with each other and slowly his fingers were slipping into hers.

"Yes, I guess I do now." She said feeling his touch on her hand waiting for him to engulf her hand.

"Now?" He said unknowingly as his whole focus was on holding her hand.

"I always wanted to go on night walks but never got the chance to do so. Although I don't fear anyone lonely night walks do fear me a lot." She told him remembering how she never had company for her night walks.

Her family never cared enough to give her attention, Shreya and Abhishek were ready though but she never wanted to interfere between the couple, and Kshitij used to work a lot during the daytime so she never wanted to spoil his night either.

She came out of her thoughts when she felt a coldness yet warmth spreading in her hand and she noticed him holding her hand. A smile crossed her face as her fingers rested over his.

"We can come quite often or whenever you want to." He said controlling his smile and holding her hand tightly.

They walked silently feeling each other's warmth until they saw mansion in their sight.

"Do you want to walk more?"

"I want to but I am tired." She said holding his biceps.

"Do you want me to hold you in my arms?" He asked with a smirk while she just smacked her forehead mentally.

"You flirt a lot." She said trying to sound stern averting her eyes.

"Which stupid man won't flirt if God blessed them with a beautiful, sweet, talented, cute, awesome, lovely, daring, pretty......................" He kept on saying adjectives until Nitya couldn't control her smile and ended up laughing.

"You are unbelievable." She said laughing while Shiv could just smile seeing her happy.

Next Day

Shiv was standing near the mirror getting ready for the office when Nitya came out of the bathroom clad in kurta leggings. He was busy admiring her when he felt a sudden push and saw her standing in front of him in a hurry.

"Why didn't you wake me up? I got so late, everyone must be on the table till now. What would they think that new daughter-in-law is lazy." She blabbered making her hair.

"No one will say a thing." He said trying to lighten up her.

"Yeah, sure. They won't say it to you because you are the son of this house." She said putting Kajal in her eyes.

"And you are the daughter of the house."

"But not for your bua ji." She said taking her sindoor.

Shiv took the sindoor from her hand and turned her towards him "I am sure you could answer her." He took a pinch of sindoor filling her hairline "And if she says anything then your husband is here to take your stand."

"I don't want to. She is part of your family and I don't want to disrespect anyone related to you."

"If it's about your respect then I would fight for you." He said caressing her baby hairs with her thumb.

"Leave me or else I would get too late." She said looking into his eyes. But her words and gaze were contradicting each other. She wanted him to not leave her but she also wanted to go downstairs.