19. His saviour

A wave of happiness was spread in the entire family. Everyone was smiling, and giggling as servants were making sweets. A moment ago, Aashrit and Meera announced their pregnancy.

"I am going to be dadu." Rajveer stood up laughing as he brought out a bundle of money circling them over Meera and Aashrit.

"I will bring some red chili and take the evil eye," Anika said going to the kitchen but a maid already came running with chili and salt.

"Wow!!!!! I am finally going to be Chachu." Shiv said hugging Meera and lifting her off the ground "I am going to spoil them with everything." He said putting her down "Oh God!! It means I need to work more and earn more money so that I can bring them whatever they want."

"Calm down Shiv. We have enough time for that." Abhishek said patting his back as he turned towards the couple "Congratulations bhai and bhabhi." Abhi said hugging them "Bhabhi let me know if you ever crave something even if it's in the middle of the night."

"And me too," Shreya said.

"All of us. We are always ready for your help." Nitya said coming forward hugging Meera and nodding at Aashrit who took her in a side hug knowing her awkwardness due to being new in the family.

"Should we hold a party?"

"No.....no..... we can't announce until we perform the Pooja for their well-being and our little one too," Rashmi said dismissing any party.

"Exactly bhabhi, we need to call Panditji and ask him for an auspicious date," Nalini said coming from her room with a bundle of notes. She circled the money over Meera and then Aashrit as she handed it to the servant there "And you need to take good care of your health now. No need to work in the kitchen. We have chefs to cook and also two daughters-in-law to look after family." Nalini said curling her fist and taking evil eyes from her.

Everyone was shocked at her gesture as this was the 1st time she was being polite to the daughter-in-law of the house.

"I also want to take the evil eye," Abhishek said going back to his room to take some money as Revati was already circling the money.

Nitya stood beside Shivansh and poked his stomach. Shivansh looked at her with a smile that looked a bit fake or more like an embarrassed one. She knew he must be feeling bad about being the only one to not circle the money even though it doesn't even matter but it hurt when you are the only one left.

"You are not going to circle the money over bhaiya bhabhi." She whispered making sure no one heard them.

Shivansh smiled as his ears got red in embarrassment "I spent all my money this month. I don't have cash at the moment, only some online money." He said embarrassed remembering how all the money he saved till now was gone from setting up the café, his marriage, and the expensive gifts he took.

Although he knew if he asked for money from Aashrit, he would give him without asking a word but asking him for money didn't feel right at the moment.

Nitya nodded as she stepped back taking her bag from the couch. She also didn't have much cash but enough for her husband. She quickly put the cash in his back pocket making sure no one saw them except for the person whose eagle eye she couldn't escape.

"Your back pocket has something." She whispered to Shiv

Shiv put a hand on his back pocket to see some notes and he was shocked. He looked at Nitya who was already standing near Meera talking to her about something with utmost attention.

He was about to go to her when he heard Aashrit "Come on Shivu!! The notes are not given without taking evil eyes. First of all, circle it over my wife then give it to someone else." He said with a smile (rare smile).