14. Taking stand

Nitya was sitting beside Shivansh in his cabin as there was some time left for the meeting to start and Shiv offered her to show his cabin which she couldn't deny. He made her sit on his chair while he sat behind the desk in front of her.

"You want to eat/drink something?" He asked and she deniedas she was busy looking around her husband's office.

Nitya's eyes went to the glass walls surrounding his cabin and she noticed some employees looking inside but on meeting her eyes, they busied themselves in work again.

"You want me to pull the curtains?" Shiv asked pouring water for her.

Nitya looked at him and shook her head "It's pretty." She complimented

"After all it's my cabin." He chuckled making her smile too.

And silence went upon them. She kept on looking at him while he was busy looking at some papers required for the meeting. She noticed his eyes and didn't miss a little mole on the side of his right eye, very small yet prominent, lips which were pink as rose and smooth as butter, hairs falling over his forehead giving just a peak of his forehead. He took a pen from the stand signed the document and looked up only to see his wife staring at him and Nitya instantly averted her eyes.

He chuckled but decided not to embarrass her until he heard her voice.

"Sorry, I overreacted this morning."

He smiled "That's fine."

"Why?" She asked curious as all her life she heard taunts from people whenever she behaved like this.

Shivansh looked up and smiled "Nitya, my only dream from now is to be the best husband to you. And one day I will prove to you that I am the best husband you could ever get."

Nitya smiled at him and put her chin on her hand as she leaned toward him "You sure?" She decided to tease him.

Shivansh fumbled on his words seeing her confidence "Can't I?" He questioned worried for himself.

Nitya giggled hearing him and shook her head in no "You already are the best husband to me."

Before Shivansh could even ask, a knock disturbed them and Shiv said come in. His P.A. entered inside informing them about the meeting starting in 10 minutes.

"Let's go," Shiv said giving his hand to her.

Nitya looked at his hand and then outside as she held his hand. The last thing she wanted to do was embarrass a man like him in front of his employees. And once they were out of the cabin hand in hand, many of the female employees heart broke seeing their handsome yet cute boss with his wife. Although his marriage was the talk of the town but seeing him so close to someone in real life hurt the most.

Soon, the meeting room was packed with both parties, their legal team, and also one more party who was their client.

"Mr. Singh, this is the proposal from us. Raghavendra and Yaduvanshis will work together on this project and give you everything you need." Aashrit said forwarding some papers to him.

"Who is the head from Raghavendra?" A man in his 80s spoke before the CEO of Singh Corporation could even look at the papers.

"I will be handling." Nitya spoke with a professional smile "Hello, I am the CEO of Raghavendra Tech."

"Hey, I remember you. If I am not wrong, you were also involved in making an app that featured in the top 100 innovations of India." The CEO of Singh Corporation spoke with excitement.

Nitya smiled hearing him and nodded her head realizing she was already famous among the people she is going to work for.

"You are married then why don't you take care of your husband?" The old man interrupted them harshly and everyone looked at the scene unfolding shocked.