Volume 4.5: Birthday Party

Chapter 11

8th August \ Fifth day of the vacation

Touma Pov:

I woke up around 7:30 in the morning, even if we were on vacation. I always had the routine of getting up early, just like my father and the total opposite of Yato.

More than having my routine, which became natural for me to get up early, I'm currently sharing my room with three guys from my class. Even if the room is quite spacious, it's rather hard not to be awake by other noise if you're not a heavy sleeper like Miyamura, who's sharing the same room as me.

Touma: ...

Usually, I rarely stay in bed for too long after waking up, but today was different

Usually, I rarely stay in bed for too long after waking up, but today was different. I just lay on my bed, wondering if I should really get up to start my day.

The reason?

It was due to Gou and Karuizawa-senpai's initiative to organize a birthday party for me. I was obviously happy and thankful for their idea of celebrating my birthday since we couldn't during the special exam.

The real problem started when I didn't had any control over the people invited to that party...

Nagumo-senpai, Yato, Amasawa, Nanase, Ayanokoji, and maybe more people I'm not even aware of...

It's not that I don't want them to come to my birthday party, but my concern is about how these people can interact with each other. With these people, war and trouble can start at any moment.

It hurts to say it, but my brother Yato is probably the most troublesome person in that group.

Of course, I'm the one who invited Nanase after seeing Gou inviting whoever she wanted to come.

Touma: Sighs...

I just sighed as I realized that I had started thinking like Yato. Staying in my bed to avoid potential problems is a typical way of thinking of my brother.

Touma: Let's just hope everything will be fine...even more with what happened yesterday and the treasure hunt...

Remembering how the treasure hunt ended, I sighed before getting out of bed and heading to the bathroom to start preparing myself for that day.

.

.

.

Time skip

8th August \ Fifth day of the vacation

Touma Pov:

After preparing myself, Miyamura ended up waking up quite early, to my surprise, as this last one seemed more lively than ever with this party coming up.

He and I left the room and headed to the cafeteria to have our breakfast.

Gou reserved one of the pools early in the afternoon. She also ensured that all invited people were informed about the details through a group chat she created for this event.