Chapter 38

I hardly got any sleep last night. I woke up almost every hour, thinking that it was time to wake up but I was wrong every time. I kept tossing and turning. Every time I woke up, I started crying and would soon fall asleep. More like take a short nap before waking up again. On the bright side, I did not have any nightmares.

I had never felt that way before, I hated it. I hated it so fucking much. I also did not understand why it hurt so bad, it's not like I was in love with Henry. I mean, I had a crush on him but I was not in love with him...right?

It was just a crush, I tried to convince myself.

I dragged my heavy body to the shower and turned it on to warm up while I brushed my teeth and washed my face. When I was done, I hopped in the shower and let the water wake me up. The water drenched my hair and dropped to my sides. I still felt like a zombie though, but a more awake zombie, I don't know if that makes any sense.

After showering, I hopped out and dried myself then moisturized. I wore jeans and Henry's sweatshirt. I took it off when I realized that it still smelt like him and I was just torturing myself by wearing it.

I wore a hoodie that I stole from Maddison last summer then paired the outfit with my Vans.

As I descended the stairs, it felt like I was dragging someone else's body and not my own. It was freaking heavy and my eyes were painful. I walked lazily down the stairs, my feet made a sound as I lazily dragged them down the stairs.

I got downstairs and made myself cereal. I worked at a very slow pace, even my hands felt heavy for me.

"Hey honey." My mother said, her energy at a hundred and mine at negative fifty. Her energy alone tired me.

"Hi mom." My voice came out so soft so I cleared my throat and repeated again.

"How are you?"

"Good." I didn't want to talk to anybody. How do I tell my mother that I did not want to talk to her or anybody else for that matter?

"Uh, Elle, what are you wearing under that hoodie?"

"A bra." I said nonchalantly as I shrugged my shoulders, wondering why she was asking.

"Elle, you're not wearing anything under that hoodie. What's going on?"

I used my right hand to cup one of my boobs, let out a soft laugh when I realized that she was right, I wasn't wearing anything. My brain had really shut down.

"Uh, just... nothing." I said as I took a spoonful of the cereal to my mouth.

"You know you can talk to me right?"

"It's..."

"You even have eye bags, I'm also surprised that you didn't apply any mascara today." I hated it when I was feeling blue then somebody pesters me with questions, like what the fuck was up with that?

"Uh... I stayed up late studying and, I need to get a new mascara."

"Oh." I could see that she didn't believe any word that came out of my mouth but thank goodness that she didn't ask any more questions.

I heard somebody hoot and I left my unfinished cereal on the counter then went outside. I didn't even say goodbye to my mother but, she'll live.

"Hi." I greeted Kylie.

"Hey." She said with a grin, wasn't anybody on this earth matching my energy that day? Ugh!

"How are you doing?"

"I'm great. Just a little tired. Yourself?" But she didn't look tired.

"I'm... tired as well." I lied. Why didn't I just skip school?