Chapter 31

I was in my room getting dressed when I heard a faint knock on my bedroom door. I was in my jeans and a bra so I put on my bathrobe and went to open the door. It exposed my dad.

"Hi dad."

"Hi, Kylie is waiting for you."

"Okay thanks dad." I said with a smile then went back inside.

I checked the time. She came a few minutes early, she must just be patient with me.

I wore a tank top then wore my Air Max sneakers then after applying mascara and a bit of eye liner, I went downstairs. I took a fruit then went outside to Kylie's car.

"Hi dude." I greeted her.

"Hey, how are you doing today? I saw your dad is back home."

"Yea," I said with a smile, "the family is back to normal again. They worked through the issues that they were going through and I couldn't be happier."

"Yay!" She squealed and increased the volume of the music that was playing in her car. It was Good as hell by Lizzo and Ariana Grande. She also seemed to be okay judging from the grin that was covering her face and the way she was jamming to the song. I guess both of us were healing and doing well, that was good.

"So I'm guessing that you're doing alright too?"

"Definitely. I'm done moping around, it's a time waster. I realized that it's time to move on now."

"I'm glad." I said.

We got to school, went straight to our lockers, took out our books then made our way to class.

"I need to pee." Kylie said. I walked with her to the bathroom where she did her stuff. While she was peeing, Mandy walked in. She stood in front of the mirror, just next to me and fixed her make up.

"Hi Elle." She greeted as she used her mascara brush to brush her eyelashes.

"Hey Mandy, how are you?" I asked her. I just could not stop thinking about how Mandy was cheating on Parker with Henry. I never really saw her as that type of person. Well, Henry hadn't mentioned her in a while but I just assumed that maybe they were still sleeping together on that no strings attached basis.

"Good thanks and yourself?"

"I'm good."

I think she saw how I was staring because she asked, "what is it?" I had to stop this habit that I had of staring when I was having thoughts about a person. It would get me in deep trouble someday.

"Uh...I was, I was just astonished by how you are able to keep your eyes open while applying the eyeliner." Of course I had to lie. I could not say that I was thinking about how I never thought she was a slut. I hate calling people names, but what other word can I use? Anyway I did not blame her, Henry was charismatic.

"Oh why thank you. It takes practice, my aunt taught me everything I know, perfecting this wasn't so easy." She boasted and from my perspective, there was nothing wrong with that. She was good at it and had every right to boast about it.

"Also, the way you blended your eyeshadow, it's not fair how you can be so perfect at this." I said.

"Honey! I do my make up passionately, of course it's going to be perfect." She smiled. When she was done with her face, she went on to fix up her hair. I felt like the girls' bathrooms were more for these kind of things than they were for pissing. Oh yea, it was also were people shared gossips.

Mandy's hair was thick and as long as her shoulders. I guess she straightened it because her hair is normally kinky and curly. Her ends are trimmed and I just love the color she used to dye it, it's pitch black then her ends are a washed out brown, she looks gorgeous. Mandy was mixed race and her hair was everything to her, it's been like that ever since I met her.