Chapter 16

The following week went by quite well, Kylie was winning on her mission of getting over that jerk-face Tim.

On Tuesday, my first period was Math. Mr Godfrey's lesson that day was actually intriguing. Math did not look like a bunch of foreign languages merged together anymore, I could actually understand what that guy was saying. I jotted down a few notes in my notebook, I was listening attentively and I was proud of myself for that. I was not one to listen in Math, ever. Mr Godfrey always got me drowsy.

A few periods later, lunch finally arrived. They were serving tuna sandwiches and because I was not a fan of tuna, I skipped lunch and had an apple instead. I watched Henry and Kylie devour their sandwiches and I just wanted to puke.

"How do you guys even eat that, ew!"

"You have a problem, this is delicious. You have to try one." Kylie said. Yes Kylie was still a vegetarian but she ate fish, because 'it's healthy and it was protein.' Kylie was just complicated.

"Ew! I cannot imagine myself eating that."

"Whatever, leave us to eat." She said.

As we were deep into our conversation, Emma approached us and sat next to Henry. Whoever gave her that permission to sit with us? If Henry's flings or whatever were going to bring some bitches to our table, he should sit elsewhere.

"Hey Henry." She greeted in a flirty tone. She also placed her hand on Henry's shoulder.

"Hi Emma." I liked the way he said it, it was like he was impatient and could not wait for her to leave.

"My place today?" She bit her lip. I could not stand to look at that but also if I had left the table, she would think I was jealous when really I just felt like puking my guts out.

"Uh, I can't. I'm only free this weekend." Henry said to her.

"But my parents will be home then."

"Hard luck then." Damn! She just got curbed real hard.

"Oooooh!" Kylie exclaimed.

"Shut up, at least I did not get cheated on with a sophomore." Emma said and I felt bad for Kylie. Tim's cheating was a very touchy subject for her. I could see her eyes getting glossier.

"Yet she's not the one desperate for a guy's attention. Imagine throwing yourself at a guy and they turn you down...sheesh! That must hurt real bad." I said and she groaned and left our table.

"Thanks." Kylie said.

"It's a pleasure, I hate her guts anyway so it gave me some sort of contentment."

"You hate her?" Henry asked. I looked down and avoided facing him. I did not want him to know because well, he was smashing the girl and I did not want him to feel some type of way towards her.

"Uh... well, we don't really get along well. It's been like that since middle school."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because you seemed to like her, I'm not one to badmouth people or let alone control who you get busy with."

"But...your opinion matters to me, you're my best friend and I hate the fact that you gave me fake support this whole time."

"I don't even condone the things you do Henry, but like you said, it makes you happy so who am I to stand in the way of your happiness? Please don't stop going to her place because I don't get along with her, promise me that." He skeptically looked at me before saying, "I promise."

"Anyway, why did you turn her down? What are you busy with today?"

"We have a project to do and well, some other girl already invited me." Oh my gosh this guy.