Chapter 10

Kylie picked me up the following day. She was even two minutes early. And like always, I skipped breakfast. I got into the car and asked her how she was doing and she said that she was okay. The car ride was filled with laughter and teenage giggles.

Classes went by really quickly. Maybe it was because I was in a jubilant mood.

It was lunch and Kylie and I were eating tacos, hers was a vegetarian taco. Kylie was vegetarian. Imagine not eating meat, I would not survive.

As we were chatting about Vampire Diaries and Stranger Things, Henry walked passed us and I called on him. He made it to our table without hesitation and sat down.

"Hi. Henry meet Kylie, Kylie meet Henry," I formally said with a smile.

"Hi." Henry looked up to her and she smiled and said it back.

"So both of you are my best friends okay?" Kylie's eyes widened after I said that.

"When did that happen?" She asked in a rush.

"The day we took pumpkin pie to his house was not the first day I met Henry. Him and I met at some camp when we were kids and became best friends then, so basically this is our reunion." Kylie was shocked.

"You're telling me a week later."

"You do know that this week's been a rollercoaster for us so yea that's why I could not." I said and she nodded with understanding.

"Nice to meet you Henry," Kylie said and Henry said it back.

I asked Henry if he wanted to sit with us and he did not mind. We sat through lunch together. The two were getting to know each other and I just felt at ease watching them.

"So his dad is the deputy principal here," I said to Kylie.

"So we can get away with anything?" She asked and I nodded. We then laughed about it.

"I can't believe that's the only reason you guys are my friends," he said, putting his hand on his chest to act offended.

"It's quite an advantage," Kylie said.

The rest of that school day went by like a lightning. The next thing I knew, I was on my bed, playing candy crush on my emergency phone. A notification then popped up. It was from Kylie.

Ice creams at five? The text read.

Sure why not- I replied.

I had ten minutes to get ready. I was wearing leggings and a tank-top. I just had to cover all that up with an oversized hoodie and wear my most comfortable sneakers; Adidas Torsions.

And just on time, I heard her hoot. I told my mother that I was going out for ice-cream with Kylie and she refused.

"But mom..."

"Did you maybe forget what being grounded means?" She asked.

"No but Kylie and I have been going through a thing, this is resolution ice cream mah." She gave me a skeptical look.

"This is useless, you're no long grounded then Elena. But you're still not getting your screen time back." If only she knew that I was violating that as well.

"Thank mom, you're the best." I said enthusiastically and kissed her on the cheek before running out.

"Be back before seven," I heard her say when I was outside. I figure that if I came late, I would say that I did not hear her. Genius right?

I got into Kylie's car and greeted her.

"My mom almost said no."

"Oh, still grounded. One more week to go."

"No dude, she just cancelled that entire week. I'm officially free." I raised my arms in the air as I said that.

"So you're getting your phone back?"

"I wish."

"Okay at least you are free." She said. She drove into Mario's, we got ice creams and sat near the window.

"So have you and Tim like done it?" I asked her.

"No, of course not."

"Why not though? You guys have been dating for almost a year. What, is it like nine months?"

"Ten months, two weeks and four days. And I'm not ready. I mean, I know I want to lose my v-card to Tim but just not yet. Maybe after we've gone over a year." Which guy stands for that?

And as if she heard me, she said, "and Tim totally understands. We do other stuff so it's totally okay." She said with her plastic spoon in her mouth. Who was I to judge, I did not even have a boyfriend and was not planning on getting one anytime soon.

"How far are you guys with your project?" She asked.

"Ugh! Don't even ask dude. I've been reading the greatest novels of all time and asking myself how the heck did these authors write such good stories? I mean, you can literally feel the connection between the two lovers in the story. They used words to make me feel a connection between two fictional characters, they are really good. I can't do that. How far are you guys?"

"We decided to base it on a good girl that falls for a bad guy." See, some cliché crap.

"I thought you guys were going to base it on yourselves."

"Yea it's kind of based on us."

"You were a good girl before Tim? Please." I rolled my eyes.

"Of course not but I had not seen a guy naked."

"Too much information, I'm having ice-cream dude. But okay, have you guys started on the story?"

"We've been brainstorming. Did you hear that the best love story gets to be featured in both the school's newspaper and the town's newspaper?"

"I did not. What's the publicity for?" I asked.

"I have no idea but I want mine to be there. Imagine if younger teenagers get inspired by my love story with Tim, that would just be awesome. I'd feel like a legend," she said.

"You are so crazy."

After the ice-cream, we took a walk to the park where we shared countless gossips at school. This Friday turned out to be the opposite of the previous week's Friday. That's a relief.

"Did you hear that Henry was hooking up with..."

"Emma, yea I know." I cut her off but she seemed confused.

"No, I was just going to say Tasha Banks. Apparently Tasha was home alone some time this week and well, invited our new cute boy. I think they like each other." Tasha was in my Chemistry class during junior year. Another girl Henry? Come on.

"Wow! Every girl seems to want to get into Henry's pants huh?"

"He is dreamy friend. But did he hook up with Emma as well?"

"Well, yea, sorta."

Henry slept with Tasha? This time, I don't have a problem with the girl, it's the fact that just a week ago he was busy with Emma. But thankfully, things did not work out between him and Emma. I'm glad he was with another girl that wasn't Emma.

I would have to ask him tomorrow when we work on our project...or not. Actually no, my mom and I would be going shopping on Saturday, so I would see Henry on Monday.

Kylie and I took a walk to her car and decided to go get burgers. After getting the burgers and yapping, I decided to go home. I had to cook dinner. My mom said that she would be coming home late.

She parked in front of my house and I told her that I would see her on Monday. It would be tomorrow but she had a date with Tim and I was thankful that she made time for me that day.

I went inside the house and nobody was home. Yay! TV time for me. I was surely going to go on Netflix. I first yelled out their names to check if they were home and when nobody was answering, I took the liberty of checking them in their room. Thank God they weren't home.

I ordered pizza and stuffed my face with it as I was watching my favourite series.