Chapter 48

I was back to my zombie days. I woke up, cried. Got into the shower, cried there too. As I was getting dressed, I cried too. I know right, my body had too much water to release. I did not even feel like going to school on Wednesday, but my mom would force me. I wore colors that expressed how I felt, black and... black. The only white was on my pair of Vans.

I tied my hair into a high ponytail, it was still curly, I'd straighten it the following week, the colors on my hair went better with curly hair than straight hair.

I applied make-up for the first time in a long time, with hope that it would hide my eye bags.

I went downstairs and had my cereal, or tried to, nothing was going in. My stomach was resisting it all. I felt weak and this time, it wasn't because I was seeing Henry.

Riley and I went outside when Kylie arrived.

"Hi." I greeted her as I went in, and she greeted us back.

"Oh my gosh! You dyed your hair. I thought you said you'd never dye your hair."

"I just felt like it I guess." I answered nonchalantly.

"Is that where you went to when you left us?" The word 'us' stung my heart.

"Yea."

"It looks really good." Her compliment seemed genuine and there was a lot of enthusiasm put into it, like she was trying to hype me up for my look. But it wasn't working, I still felt blue.

"Thanks." I said and redirected my attention to my cellphone.

"Hey Riley, what did your mom say about your tattoos and piercings? I never got to ask." Kylie asked. Thank goodness she wasn't having a conversation with me anymore, I wasn't in the mood to talk.

"You mean Mrs M? She hasn't said anything about it, thank goodness."

"That's a shocker."

"Yea I know. I heard you're dating Henry now." Really Riley? Did you have to bring it up with me in the car?

Luckily, Kylie entered the school at that moment. She parked her car and we got off. I told them I had to rush to the library so I left them to talk.

I knew that it was crazy that I was escaping that conversation then but I would sit with the couple during lunch. That was my life I guess.

I didn't actually go to the library, I went to the bathroom. The tears were ready to spill but when I saw Emma in the bathroom, they disappeared. I walked passed her and Miranda and got into the toilet to pee.

"Did you see Kylie's relationship status update on Facebook?" Miranda asked.

"Yea, who is she dating now? I hope the person breaks her heart just like Tim did." That was quite an evil thing to say. "Doesn't she learn that this dating thing isn't really for her?"

"I know who Kylie is dating." Somebody else said, I guess the person must have entered at that moment. I could not recognize her voice.

"Who is it?" Miranda asked, curiosity clear in her voice.

"Henry."

"What? Henry the new boy? The grey-eyed boy? The Henry that gives you one look and you just want to take your panties off for him? That Henry?" Emma asked. It made me chuckle to hear her say that.

"Yes, that Henry."

"So he dates? When I asked him out, he said he doesn't date and it was all pleasure that he wanted. Was that why he's been turning down my booty calls lately?" Henry had been turning down booty calls? He really was into trying out this dating thing. But he was dating the wrong girl. Don't get me wrong, I had nothing against Kylie. I loved her dearly, but I loved Henry too. I was in love with him.