Chapter 3

"Hello, we brought pumpkin pie, you know, just to welcome you to the neighbourhood. I hope you enjoy." I said without facing the person at the door. Why did I let Kylie force me into doing this?

It's him. It's that boy I bumped into on Monday. So, he was not a ghost. Luckily, so then I could apologize.

"Thanks." He said, with his not so deep voice.

I knew he looked familiar. I made sure to gaze at him as I handed him the pie, also taking in each and every one of the details on his face. How his lips were pinker than the last time I saw him, his grey eyes popped out the way they used to, especially when he had a white t-shirt on. His long eyelashes made me tingle, and his little deed of looking around when he did not know what to say- he still did it. Does he, by any chance remember his first best friend?

"Well, are we going to go?" Kylie snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Uh...enjoy. Bye." I said and left.

"Thanks again."

"Wait, sorry for bumping into you the other day and not apologizing, I really needed to pee and I felt so bad for not--."

"It's okay. It's fine really. Some really cute girl helped me pick them up actually." He said and my heart dropped at what he just said, I had no idea why.

I don't know if it's the fact that he probably did not remember me or he just referred to another girl as cute. Not that I wanted him for myself, I was totally not into dating at the moment and I was definitely not into Henry.

"Then cool." I said and turned on my foot to leave.

"He's so cute right?" Kylie asked in a soft squeal.

I turned to notice that the new boy was still at the door and according to the playful smirk on his face, he heard her.

I smiled at him and rolled my eyes at Kylie, making her think that I did not see what she was seeing.

He was cute though.

"I am so going to make him my boyfriend." She said and bit her bottom lip.

"My typical best friend." I said. "You have a boyfriend." I added.

"So?"

"You can't have two boyfriends at the same time, that's totally screwed up."

"Whoever made that rule? I am screwed up anyway."

"You are so crazy Kylie." She laughed mischievously before taking out her phone from her pocket. We both knew that she was joking. There was no way she was cheating on Tim, she was head over heels for that guy.

"Look Elle, I have to go home. My annoying little brother needs to be babysat. Ciao babe." She said as she tucked her phone in her jeans' pocket.

"Ciao dude." I also headed home to my very small family.

I lived with mom and dad. Mom was a pastry chef while my dad was a mall cop. We were a very normal family compared to Kylie's family. She had two older brothers, one older sister and the little brother that she was going to babysit now, he was about three years old.

I was still in front of Henry's yard, surfing through my tweets and memes.

I totally froze when I saw Henry walk out the yard. My house was to the right, I had no idea why I was heading to the left.

"You're still here?"

"Uh...I got distracted and...okay I'm leaving now." I stammered.

"Well, I was about to take a walk to the park, want to join?" He chuckled and my cheeks flushed.