Chapter 21

Kylie was stabbing her food during lunch and did not actually take any to her mouth, something must have been wrong. I know Kylie, she did not just go silent for no reason at all. I bet something was bothering her. I did not know where Henry was but he was not eating with us that day.

I tried to come up with something to talk about.

"So dude, my mom found a bottle of Skyy Vodka in my bedroom, I had to lie myself out of it. I told her that Henry and I were arguing about what percentage the beverage had and made a bet on it. Luckily, she believed me. I got off that one with luck and well... lies."

"Oh." She replied nonchalantly. What? Something was really bothering her. I decided to say something that I knew would intrigue her.

"There is a seventy five percent sale at that jewellery store that you and I went to last time."

"Okay, thanks for letting me know." What the actual fudge was happening? Kylie would squeal if I had told her that on a normal day, or even tell me that we should bunk school to go and buy some jewelry but she wasn't even showing any excitement.

"Okay Kylie Cargo, what is wrong?"

"Uh... mood swings, I guess."

"Kylie." I pressed.

"You know, guys are fucking assholes. Why the fuck would somebody get back together with you only to break up with you again a week later? What the f is up with that?" Oh shit! We were doing this again. I'd hate to say I told her so. What did I say about second chances? Anyway, I still had to be a supportive friend.

"That jerk face. Please let me murder him now." When I said that, her eyes got teary.

"I cannot believe him. You know what his reason for breaking up with me was?"

"What was it?"

"It's not working out Kylie." He mimicked Tim's deep voice, and moved her head side to side in the process.

"What the, what's wrong with that guy?"

"He's a fucking idiot, that's what's wrong with him. I hate him, I fucking hate him." He stabbed on her salad harder, this time she was more infuriated than she was sad. It still made my heart sink to watch her like that.

I would comfort her, but unfortunately at that moment, the bell rang and we had to go back to class. She was off to History while I had to go for Geography.

During Geography, I was still thinking about Kylie and her situation. I just could not believe Tim, how could he do that to her again? Kylie had been nothing but good to that guy but he did not seem to appreciate her. What did he mean that it was not working out? That's just stupid. I could not believe that I was going through that all over again. I did not know how I was going to comfort her this time. I was highly hoping that she would not turn to alcohol again, judging that it was a school night.

I was walking alone in the hallway when Henry snuck up to me and startled me.

"Where are your thoughts?"

"I'm thinking about Kylie."

"Did you guys fight again?"

"No, no. It's Tim, once again." I could see that he was holding in his laughter.

"He cheated again?"

"No," I sighed, "he just broke  up with her and said that it was not working out. Can you believe him? Can you believe that jerk. Goddamnit! He infuriates me." My eyelids were pricking with tears at that moment. I hated seeing Kylie like that.

"Calm down shortness. Just breath okay." He held both my upper arms and I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself down. "And I can believe him, I told you, they are liars. That is probably not even the real reason he broke up with Kylie."