Chapter 50

It was just a few more days before the first semester ended. Which meant that Kylie's birthday was coming up. Kylie liked epic parties for her birthday so I knew she would plan something big. For my birthday, we just went shopping and they gave me gifts. I was a more simple girl.

"So, since my birthday is in a week's time, I was thinking that for that weekend, we sleep at my parents' beach house." Kylie said as soon as we got into her car.

"Your parents have a beach house?" Riley exclaimed in the back.

"Yes honey and you are invited to come with us alright?"

"Yes!" The idea seemed to excite her. I bet they never did any fun stuff at the orphanage.

"Can Carl come too?"

"Yes he can. I'd like to meet him." Kylie replied.

Riley really looked out for Carl a lot. It was such a great thing that she did not abandon him just because she got a family to adopt her.

"So friend, who else should I invite? I mean, Henry is already on the list." Oh yea, the two were still dating and I got used to being around them.

Thanks to Riley, I was not the third wheel. They were the cutest couple on campus and everybody wished to be Kylie, including me. But I was doing alright and acting normal around them. They never, not even once, made me feel like I did not belong. I had times whereby I hung out with just Henry, and there were also times whereby I hung out with just Kylie. So everything was alright.

I was still in love with him, but I learnt to work around my feelings. Excitement built in me every time I got to hang out with him, the butterflies would not behave but I got better at not being transparent about it. By the way, as days went by, he seemed to look even more gorgeous and attractive. He was breath taking, it should be illegal to look like that.

"What about Spencer and Heather? And that other friend of Henry?"

"Great, they are on the list too. What about Melinda?" She replied.

"Invite her too, she's pretty great. Who else you got?"

"Can Maddison come?" She asked.

"I'll ask if she's free from college. I know for sure she hit it off with Spencer last time, she'd probably be happy to see him again."

"They really did? Maddison is like a tough nut to crack, she was being all hard to get that day."

"I was too wasted to see anything." I said and laughed.

"I can't wait to see cousin Maddy." Riley said.

"I'm sure she'll be happy to see you as well." I assured her.

Kylie parked her car in the parking lot, then we got off and went to the school building. We separated with Riley and we went to Chemistry. Henry was not in the class, he must've bunked class.

I saw him during Math though, he sat next to me as usual.

"Did Kylie tell you about the beach house?" I asked him.

"Yes, I'm so excited. What about you?"

"I am too." I told him. "The girl has been seventeen, it's time for her to join the eighteen squad man. We have to make this epic for her, she loves that. I'm surprised she's not making it formal and stuff like last year. It was a huge party last year. She wanted to go off on her own with this one, with a few of her close acquaintances."

"She's finally one of us." At that time, Kylie turned to look at us at the back.

Henry winked at her and her cheeks suddenly turned red. She blew a kiss at Henry and he caught it. That was the cheesiest thing I had ever seen them do ever since they started dating, or Henry do, ever. They were so adorable, I needed to find a boyfriend as soon as possible.