Chapter 34

Kylie picked me up for school on Monday. I spent the whole weekend indoors. I was confused. Was that what happened when every teenage girl encountered feelings for the very first time? Like real feelings? Was what I felt for Henry real feelings? Was it really feelings or was I just being paranoid.

I started thinking about the electricity and butterflies I always felt whenever he touched me, the time when his presence alone made me feel better when I was at my weakest, all that happened too fast for my liking. It all started when I wanted to spend more time with him, I always wanted to be around him.

I was just hoping that I would not act awkward on that school day. I just had to learn to live with the fact that I might like my best friend. I had to tell Janine as soon as I got to school.

Kylie was all giddy during the ride. She would not stop smiling and she sang to every song in ecstasy. I wondered why but I did not ask, I would ask during lunch though.

We got off the car and went into the school building. Kylie told me that she had to go to the bathroom, she asked me to come with her but I spotted Janine across the hall and I had to talk to her so I told Kylie that I had to go to the library really quickly.

"Okay, see you during Life Science then." She said and I just nodded.

As I was rushing I bumped into a tall guy, by the way his body was shaped, I could tell that it was Henry and suddenly all the urgency I had evaporated. I looked up and oh dear. We were too close that my breathing even quickened. I heaved.

"Hello." His voice sounded like it was miles away, I was in a captivated spiral. Can somebody slap me? I did not like it there.

I finally came to my senses then greeted him.

"Are you okay? Where are you rushing to?"

"Talk later, really have to go." I said and left him there. Something told me that he shrugged his shoulders as soon as I left.

Janine was busy talking to her friends and I rudely grabbed her by her wrist and got into the closet with her.

"Ouch! I didn't know that our friendship was at that point. Thanks for apologizing Elle." She said as she massaged her wrist. Hell, I did not know I had such a strong grip.

"You were right."

"What about?" Her lips curved into a smile and I knew that she knew what I was implying to, she just wanted me to say it out loud.

"I...I think I like Henry." I said through my clenched teeth and faced down as if I was embarrassed to say it.

"I told you so. So how did you figure it out?"

"He makes me excited, I like having him around, I'm nervous around him, I get some weird electric spark rushing through my body every time he touches me, even just a minor touch on the shoulder, also I get freaking butterflies, butterflies." I said in a rush. I was panicking. She placed both her hands on my shoulders and looked me into my eyes.

"Calm down. This is totally normal." She said slowly, like she was trying to get me to memorize whatever she was saying.

"Normal? He is my fucking best friend, best friend Janine. Why should I like my best friend? The worst part is that he doesn't date, we are complete opposites Janine, how don't you see that this is catastrophic?" She rolled her eyes.

"Are you done being a dramatic little bitch?" I took in a deep breath then nodded.

"Cool, I thought you watched chick flicks, it's the most cliché thing that best friends fall for each other so it's completely normal. And good girls fall for bad boys all the time and the bad boy soon falls back and gets eyes for that one girl. So just breathe and stop acting awkward around him alright? You don't have to make it obvious so quickly."