Justin Chapter 44

I hadn't talked to Jackie in two weeks. Well, it's more like she hadn't talked to me in two weeks. Her window is covered up with purple curtains and she never moves them. I don't think she's left her room, or her house for two weeks. I tried to call her so many times the sound of the line ringing was played so much, every time her voicemail went off, I thought it was her and then the beep woke me up from my thoughts. I texted her so much auto correct automatically knew what to type after I'm so sorry, let me explain. I guess she hadn't told her parents because they asked me if I knew what was wrong with Jackie and why she wouldn't unlock her bedroom door. I told them it was complicated and at one point I went up to her door and just sat there beside it and begged her to open the door but I didn't even hear anything at the other side of door. At first I was afraid she was hurting herself so I banged on the door repeatedly and she still wouldn't open the door. At the end right before I left, she slipped a note under the door that said 'leave me alone' and I flipped it over and wrote 'no' on the other side and sent it back under. After that I got up and left her house. What happened with Caitlin wasn't my fault. Jackie wouldn't even give me a chance to explain she just went straight to the worst case scenario. She just took what she saw and didn't look at the bigger picture. The Monday of the second week Scooter called me and told me some Pap had been hiding underneath my window in some bushes we had and taken pictures of me and Caitlin and Jackie watching us. It had blown up all over the Internet and some people were saying I was horrible for doing that to Jackie and some were saying there was no way I hurt her, even after what had happened. After that I lost it. I called different people every night of that week to go clubbing and every day I woke up not remembering the day before. I'd wake up with a different girl next to me hoping it was Jackie and find out it wasn't her and become overwhelmed in grief and guilt. I just stopped caring what the world was saying. One night I found a group of guys who told me they had the 'good stuff' and we got drunk and I ended up snorting cocaine with them. Next thing I knew, we were standing in front of what I thought was Jackie's house with a box of eggs. I was so high and drunk I couldn't tell if up was down or down was up. With every egg I threw, the guys behind me cheered and I thought of every thing I hated about myself and about Caitlin and about Jackie. When I was done and pretty much almost passed out, Kenny came out and got the boys rides home and carried me inside.

"What the hell did you do Bieber?" He said as he dropped me off in my room and I passed out on the bed. When I woke up the next morning and went downstairs I found Scooter sitting at the dining table with my mom.

"Justin what were you thinking? What did you do last night? Why are your eyes so red? Did you do drug yesterday? How could you do this? JUSTIN DREW BIEBER ANSWER ME." My mom said with tears in her eyes. I grabbed my head because it felt like someone was pounding an anvil into it.

"Justin do you know what you did last night?" Scooter asked. I shook my head trying to remember.

"You egged your neighbors house. And it wasn't Jackie's. If it had been theirs they probably wouldn't have pressed charges but you egged your random neighbors house. This is just great." He said. What? I thought I'd egged her house. It was probably because I was so high I'd thought I was her house.

"Shit. Shit. Shit shit shit." I said quietly.

"Shit's right Justin. They're gone press charges and this is going to be horrible for publicity." Scooter said looking at me. I looked over at my mom and she was crying and I just couldn't take it.

"Fuck this. I can't take it anymore. We're moving. I can't live another day next to her." I got up and went to the bar in my house and picked up 3 bottles of liquor without reading the labels and got in my car and just drove. I took large swigs of whatever was in the bottle closest to me and stepped on the gas. I was going forty over the speed limit and had zero fucks to give. When I had finished all three bottles I decided to finally go home. It was dark out and I could barely make out my own lane. Somehow I got home with no cops stopping me and I thanked God for that. I didn't want another thing for Scooter and my mom to yell at me for. I got out of my car and went up to my room. I took off my pants and shirt and got in bed. A few seconds later I could feel the taste of bile in the back of my throat and I bolted to my bathroom and threw up in the toilet. Fifth time this week and I still couldn't stop. I brushed my teeth to get the hideous taste out of my mouth and fell onto my bed. I couldn't keep living like this.