Jackie Chapter 41

We left the store hand in hand with at leas five bags each full of designers who I couldn't even pronounce.

"Well, wasn't that fun, ladies?" Caitlin asked raising her eyebrows at us.

"That was the most fun I've had in ages. Who knew buying stuff could make you so happy?" I asked laughing.

"Trust me, shopping after a big breakup is even more relaxing. It helps clear the mind, ya know?" Caitlin asked. I smiled awkwardly and shrugged. Something was up with Caitlin. I pulled out my phone and casually texted Selena.

"Whats going on?" I sent. Selena's phone vibrated and she responded a few seconds later.

"I dont know ill ask her later" I sighed and put my phone away. We decided to go get something to drink before going home. We dropped off our bags with one of Caitlin's bodyguards who was waiting for us outside the store who said he would put them in the car for us. We all had different drinks from Starbucks and laughed as we talked about random things like what color we would dye our hair if we wanted.

"I'm so glad I met you Jackie! I mean, now that you're with me and Selena, nothing can come between us!" Caitlin said smiling warmly at both of us. Caitlin was like the older sister you'd go to for advice for anything. I think she just got hung up on the fact that Justin was going out with me after he broke up with her. But honestly, I don't think it bothered her anymore. We all stood up and walked to the front of the mall with the billions of light flashes as our background as we waited for our car. Selena had to leave us because she drove over in her own car and got escorted with a bodyguard. When Caitlin's pulled up, we piled into the black SUV with tainted windows and waved to the photographers as the driver took us home. She turned on the radio and one of Justin's song was playing and I for a split-second I saw a look flash across her face. But as soon as it was there, it was gone. We sang along and laughed and when the car stopped in front of my house, Caitlin got out and hugged me goodbye. I took my bags of many clothes and lugged them inside. It was pretty late and Jessie was asleep but my parents were watching a movie in their room. I popped into their room and kissed them each goodnight and took my new clothes to my huge walk-in closet. At least now it would look like someone lived her and some of the space would be taken up. I turned the TV in the corner of my room and decided to put my clothes away tomorrow so I went to my bathroom and changed into my PJs and brushed my teeth and hair. I went back into my room and jumped under my covers and flipped through the channels until I found a movie worth watching and fell asleep halfway through. Any doubts I had about Caitlin were far away from my mind. She was just trying to protect me from things she'd experienced before. Today had been a good day and I had a feeling there were more to come.

******
A/N
It's crazy to think I almost have 2k reads! It feels like a day ago I was so excited over 15 reads lol. Im sorry for the short chapters but I promise longer ones are coming! Stick with me! Ya'll know the drill! Follow me, vote, and comment so I know what you guys think! :)