Jackie Chapter 47

I felt the blood pounding in my ears as I stood behind the door that led me to the enormous surrounded by millions of people cheering and screaming and crying waiting for me to appear on stage. Don't get me wrong, I'm not appreciating myself and my talent, but it made my heart feel fluttery and warm like someone blasted a hearted inside my body. After what I'd had to deal with with my hideous break up with Justin and the aftermath of that, I hadn't been "feelin' the love," so to speak. But, I kept my head up high and started pouring all of my crazy and hormonal feelings into my music. I counted down in my head the seconds until I'd hear my name by announced and I'd run on stage and perform like it was the last show of my life. That's how I perform everything now. This was the second to last show of my world tour for my new album Free. I know the title sounds boring and repeated and old but I felt like it really represented how I felt at this point in my life. I had my own name established in the world and had a great support system consisting of my family, my fans, and a few close friends. Then, as if in slow motion, be a use what else could be more dramatic, I heard my name come out of the DJ's mouth and screams erupted from the audience. I ran onstage and the show began with a bang of pyrotechnics and flashing lights.

After the show, I sat in my dressing room in my favorite sweat pants and a tank top because it was insanely hot, for me anyways. My hair felt gross because it was half drenched with sweat and half still covered in the mountains of product used to make it as flawless as my hair dressers do. I sat with my feet up on a dressing table with a bag of chips balanced perfectly on my stomach as I polished off my sandwich which I had begged one of my assistants for. I decided to scroll through my Instagram and Twitter feed because the bus was taking longer than expected to come pick me up and I saw to s of pictures from my performance and I smiled to myself because of how far I've come. Then I switched to Twitter and stalked, tweeted at, and followed as many people as I could because these people are my biggest support system. Then I saw the notification pop up at the top of my screen. I almost dropped my chips and my phone on the floor but managed to save both. I would cry if I dropped my chips.

We need to talk. -Justin

I read the text over and over even though it was only four words long. Then I started getting delusional. I thought to myself,

"Well, you are an international pop star, who knows how many 'Justin's' you have in you phone. Right?"

I took a deep breath and clicked the contact button for the 'Justin' who had texted me. Sure enough, it was 'Justin Bieber' with a dazzling picture I had taken of him while we were still together as the contact photo. At this point, it was safe to say my stomach had dropped so many feet, not a single doctor from Grey's Anatomy could help my body now. I looked at the message for another twenty minutes, but as soon as I was going  to respond, a body guard came to get me and told me the bus was ready. I quickly packed my stuff into a duffel I carry around and momentarily forgot about the text.

As soon as I was safe and packed away on the bus surrounded by at least seven blankets, I opened my phone and decided to respond to the text.

Okay -Jackie

I quickly hid underneath the blankets as if they were my forcefield against the world. My response was simple enough yet I felt like I'd typed three paragraphs worth of shit asking Justin why he was doing this to me.

I decided it wasn't worth waiting for a reply and curled up in my blankets and waited for sleep to come and take my worries away.