Chapter 87: Greeted By Chaos

TAP! TAP! TAP! TAP! TAP!

"Welcome to Sublevel Eleven." A voice spoke after they stepped their feet down the eleventh sublevel where only the President is allowed to use

"Are you guys sure that this train that we're going to hop on is safe?" Bulls asked as they ran closer and closer to the train. "I had a bad experience with one before so-"

"You're in Ribora, everything here was made not just for the convenience but especially for safety." Maxwell replied, trying to hide his disappointment, but he's not good at it. "Don't underestimate our country, outsider."

"Hey, stop talking to him that way!" Cressida shouted.

"Thanks, Cres-"

"Only I am solely permitted to bully him!" She yelled louder.

"I saw that coming."

"I didn't allowed you!" Bulls protested. He noticed that his blood started ro shed less and less.

Skurll reached the train's door and used his key card to open it, "Stop arguing! Hop on!"

After Skurll, the other three followed.

"Welcome to Transonic Subway." A voice spoke from the train, sounded more artificial than human. "Take your seats, we're about to leave the station."

"This is the Transonic Subway, runs faster than the normal bullet trains up above." Skurll explained. "Once accessed, this will run fully automated."

Cressida, Maxwell and Skurll sat on the seats.

"Okay, I guess we should-" Bulls fell on his feet after the train suddenly accelerated.

Cressida chuckled as Bulls roll and smash his back on a steel pipe at the middle of the walking space.

"Sit up, hold on to something." Maxwell said. "We will reached Mach One in ten seconds."

Bulls crawled towards the front, "How... is that... possible?" He grabbed on a seat as he slowly stood back up.

"This is a secret we shouldn't be sharing with you."

"Is it the Bifrost?" Cressida asked with a grin on her face.

"If you're not the special package, I could have kicked you out of this train before it even moved an inch." Maxwell stubbornly said.

"How? How powerful is the Bifrost that you protects it within the walls?" Bulls sat on a seat next to Cressida, breathing heavily.

"We cared not for its power, but because we do not want the enemies and the wrong hands to use it against their enemies." Skurll explained. "And also, the Bifrost was given to us not as a weapon to be used against the world, but a gift by the gods for us to use and help the world someday."

"How did you manage to use it? I thought only the gods were able to use it?" Bulls asked.

"You are indeed right, none of us can use the Bifrost's real purpose, and that is to open up a bridge to the realm of the gods." Skurll explained. "All we can harness is the energy that it has been releasing ever since it was given to us by the Asgardians."

"Isn't it dangerous? To use such energy which its real purpose isn't even clear to you?"

"Yes, it is dangerous, but decades ago, researchers started studying the Bifrost energy, its origin, causes and effects, and it can be used by humans." Skurll further explained. "Later, you'll see the Pyramid that they have built to contain its energy and extract the excess from around it."