1

NATHALIE WAS IN THE GROCERY STORE when her sister Vanessa called her.

She answered the phone"Hello—?."

"Our Grandpa— he is in the hospital," Vanessa said as her voice was trembling.

She was stunned for a few seconds as her heartbeat started beating fast. She felt nervous and fearful at the same time. Fear that she might lose the only person who considered her family, "I don't want to lose him. I don't know how can I live without LoloDad", she thought even though she knew that her Grandfather was hiding something from their family.

A few minutes had passed before she could speak "W-here?!" she stuttered.

"MC Hospital" Vanessa replied sparingly.

Nathalie immediately turned off the call and left the food Cart she was pushing.

"Jojo at MC Hospital!" sambit niya ng makalabas siya sa grocery store.

Jojo just nodded in response and immediately drove the car to MC H.

Habang nasa daan ay hindi nawala ang kanyang pag-aalala at takot, hindi siya mapakali sa kaniyang kinauupuan. "Jojo, please hurry up."

Pagdating sa MC Hospital sumalubong sa kanya si Vanessa.

"Ate Nathalie" Vanessa looked at her with tears in her eyes. When she saw Vanessa's reaction she became even more nervous.

"Nasaan si LoloDad?!" Tanong niya. They immediately get in the elevator.

Vanessa could no longer speak and the worry and fear she had both felt before— she could see it in her sister's face.

So Nathalie didn't ask any more questions.

Vanessa just guided her to their Grandpa Dad's hospital room.

She was at the door, and unable to step into her Grandfather's room because can't bear to see her grandfather weakening.

She knew that this time would come but she didn't expect it to be that fast.

Nathalie had known for a long time that her grandfather had cancer but he didn't want to let them know, so she just kept silent.

Last night she went to his doctor to find out about her grandfather's condition. And it says that Don Lazaro's condition is getting worse, so when Van said that their LoloDad was in the hospital, it was like millions upon millions were piercing her heart out of fear.

"Ate?" there was a question on Vanessa's face as to why she wasn't moving to her stand to see their grandfather.

Nathalie closed her eyes suddenly and took a deep sigh. "Relax Nathalie kailangan ka ni LoloDad," she thought.

Napaatras siya kinaroroonan at bahagyang sumadal sa hamba ng pinto "I can't Van" She looked at her stepsister.

"You are so cowardly!— That's why Mama oppresses you so much because she knows you're a coward that you can't fight her back!!. Ate please, for once, be brave for Grandpa" Pangreareal talk ng kanyang kapatid.

Nathalie was too stunned to speak, 'cause everything she said was true. She is a coward, but there is a reason why she chose to be like that.

"Ohh, God!" Vanessa exclaimed and just pushed her inside. When she saw Don Lazaro's condition, her heart pounded with pain when she saw him lying on the bed. Unconscious, while there's a life machine that is connected to his body.

Nathalie's knees weaken as she steps onto his bed. The doctor came in with her Mom so she immediately stepped back and went next to Vanessa.

The Doctor sighed and looked sadly at them "Ms. Samantha, I know I don't have permission from Mr. Salazar. But I think you need to know this now... Mr. Salazar has stage 4 cancer, and is sad to say that there is no way to cure the cancer cells that had already spread in his body."