68

It was early in the morning when Blaze got home because he drank too much alcohol last night. That was the only basis for him to forget the pain even for a moment. He still holds the ring and hopes that they can still get along with the one he loves the most.

He was just at the gate of his house on Tagaytay when he saw his son and Nathalie coming out with a suitcase. Fear gripped him and he hurried closer to them.

"N-o... No! You can't leave me" There was fear in his voice and he immediately hugged her son and did not let go of him.

"B-itawan mo ang anak ko" Nathalie said.

"Anak natin—" pagtatama niya.

"Papa, what's really going on?" Ravida sobbed and began to cry.

Nathalie gulped in pride and was prevented from being torn apart because she felt sorry for her son "L-ets go son! ' she said flatly.

"N-o! Hindi kayo maaring umalis!. We will fix this, I can't afford to lose my son and you" with a pleading Blaze utterance.

"Lora?! Dalhin mo na ang mga gamit sa kotse ko" Nathalie said loudly.

"Opo Madam" ani Lora.

The three of them left and Blaze still didn't want to let go of his son. Nathalie took her son in Blaze's arms. "Don't try to manipulate our minds, Your pleading will not change my decision" Nathalie said bitterly.

"Momma?!" Ravida cried and hugged his father again "You say my happiness is your priority? I need Dad in my life" Ravida sobbed and buried his face in his father's shoulder.

"But you said if it is for good you will let me?" Nathalie couldn't help but cry because she was feeling double pain in her heart. And her son is also struggling. She can't stand what she sees.

"That's selfishness," Blaze said.

"What do you know about being selfish? I'm just doing what I know will be better for my child. Haven't you become greedy too? You have become selfish! You hid the truth from me! You hurt me! You deceived me and made me believe your lies! You betrayed me, Blaze! — you betrayed me!" Nathalie's critic.

"Stop! Stop fighting!" Ravida shouted and ran away.

"Ravida! Come back here. I'm sorry" said Blaze. Rain arrived just in time and let Ravida get inside her car "Fix your problem, Don't let your child get hurt even more. You both break his heart" Rain scolded and immediately took their son away from them.

"See what you did! Do you think our child will be happy? You broke the home that was for him" Nathalie blamed him for what was happening.

For the first time, Blaze cried so much in front of Nathalie. Begging for forgiveness. And begging to rebuild their home that was accidentally destroyed.

Blaze knelt and hugged Nathalie's thigh, Begging and crying. "H-indi ko ginusto ito, if I only knew— If only I had known right away. I would have been the one to stay away from the beginning and surrender myself to the law" Blaze's voice trembled and didn't leave Nathalie's feet.

Nathalie bit her lip and restrained herself from sobbing. Even though Blaze's sin is terrible, she still gets pity and hurt for the man she truly loves. But she has not been able to forgive, not yet, not now and she did not know when.

She couldn't look at Blaze, because she truly loved her son's father. But it seems that destiny really does not want to unite them. She felt sorry and at the same time, she was hurt.

" What do I have to do for you to forgive me? " Blaze asked desperately and looked into Nathalie's eyes.

Nathalie's tears welled up so she looked up to hold back her tears "There's nothing you can do, all you can do is wait for the wound in my heart to heal, if and only if it will heal. Because it is difficult to heal the non-dry wound."

While on his knees Blaze took Nathalie's hand and cried into her palms. He knew what he was doing was unmanly but he was willing to kneel down for the woman he loved "I love you, I love you so much. I can not afford to lose you."

Nathalie sighed as she was running out of breath holding back her tears "Love is not a healing potion! In just a little kneeling and begging could erase the pain I feel?! Hindi ganun iyon — Hindi ganon kadali iyon. No matter how much I love-yous', it's hard to get rid of the pain and just forget about it just because I love you!!" Nathalie's voice trembled "It hurts more than the person I trusted and loved. . . b-etrayed me."

Nathalie could no longer bear to see Blaze in such a situation because she felt twice as much pain as Blaze. She let go of Blaze's grip and tearfully turned her back on him. She immediately got into the car and Lora was inside waiting for her.

Nathalie felt Lora's touch on her shoulder so she burst into tears "Hindi ko man alam ang tunay na nangyayari, nandito lang ako para damayan ka" ani Lora.

"S-alamat, dahil marami kayong nandiyan para sa akin" she said and immediately drove her car to the port. " You go to the Island first, I need to get my son and I still have important things to do."

"Sige, mag ingat ka sa laban mo" sambit ni Lora.

Samantha was stunned and was sitting on the sofa in her bedroom. She was holding champagne again and drowning herself in alcohol.

Her attention was caught when she saw an antique box on the side table. She immediately stood up and picked it up. She was sure it was Nathalie who put it there. She would have thrown it away when she saw the papers inserted, it already been opened by someone else.

She took a deep breath and slowly opened the box. Her Mother's necklace was exposed to her. She dropped the box on her bed so she sat close to the box.

Her hand trembled as she held the necklace because the memory of being with her Mother entered her mind. She brought the necklace closer to her chest and closed her eyes " Forgive me if I have not kept my promise. I became a bad person because of my anger and hatred and I admit it" she said sadly.

She put down the necklace and took the letter inside. Then she could not open that box because she was so angry that she forgot about what her father had left. She was nervous as she opened the letter and immediately shed tears when she read the first sentence.

Anak, ang panganay ko. Alam ko na magdadamdam ka sa ginawa ko na ibigay ang lahat ng ari-arian ko sa kapatid mo kaya iniwan ko ang liham na ito. Kung inaakala mo ay hindi kita mahal, nagkakamali ka. I love you so much, but you don't see it because your envy eats you up and you shouldn't feel it. I know that I gave my obligation to you and became a mother to your sister. Because I know that you can better protect your sister from the bitterness that the world can throw at her in case she recognizes me as her father. The reason why I pay more attention to your sister is because she is weaker than you. . . Because I know that you are braver and more independent than your younger sister. And I know you can stand up when you stumble without my help. But I didn't realize that envy was eating away at you until anger formed in your heart and I could no longer control you. Forgive me if you think I have failed to be a father to you. I don't mean for you to feel those things. Because for me I love you both equally.

And as for the inheritance, I gave everything to Nathalie because I knew it would be better for her to have it while your anger was engulfing you. Because I know that your sister will not be greedy with you. I want you to learn to love her and release the anger in your heart. In that way, the quarrel between the two of you will stop. And when that happens, I'm sure your sister will give you everything you deserve. Honestly, you deserve everything I have because you are my eldest, una din kitang minahal and I loved you with all my heart first, tandaan mo iyan.

Nagmamahal,

Ang iyong Ama, Lazaro.

After Samantha read that her tears flowed. "I thought you would never love me, I was so upset that hatred and anger filled my heart" Samantha sobbed and hugged her father's letter.

"Forgive me if I have been a bad daughter and sister. I let anger swallow me until I attempted to kill my own sister. I knew it was too late for me to repent because I had committed so many sins.  Father, I know it's too late, I'm sorry I didn't even tell you that I love you so much and I didn't even apologize to you even once. . . Forgive me, Dad, I'm so sorry. . . Sorry—" Samantha repeated begging for forgiveness. She knew that even though her father was gone, he was always watching over her. And it may hear her even though her father is in the afterlife.