24

WHEN SHE ARRIVED at the Restaurant where her Mother sent her. She found them waiting for her. Her mother was there with two old people and a man as old as she was, the man was handsome and sober and seemed to come from a wealthy family.

When her mother saw her she had no emotion on her face and was professional sitting in her chair. "This must be a business meeting, '' she thought.

When she arrived at the table, all those present immediately stood up and shook hands except her mother who had that very high pride.

"You must be Nathalie? you are such a gorgeous hija, We made no mistake in agreeing to the agreement." Sabi ng ginang.

Nathalie is confused by what the old lady is saying, she has no idea what is really going on. "By the way, my son Xandro" The man stood up and shook hands with her but his eyes were cold staring into hers.

"Are you done with the introduction?" Samantha said flatly. She sat quietly and listened to the story of the couple in front of her. She is seen next to Xandro who is also quiet and has no appetite to eat.

"It won't be a problem with my daughter, I'm sure of that," said her Mother to the Fordo family. She looked at her Mother with a questioning look.

"Nawawari ko ay walang alam ang iyong anak, tama na ako?" sabi ni Mrs Fordo.

"Don't worry, she can't say no. And one more thing, it's for our family's reputation... Am I right Nathalie?" ani Samantha.

Even though she didn't know what was really happening she just nodded. She didn't want to embarrass her Mother and she was sure that she would be mad with her again if by chance "Y-eah."

"Then we don't have a problem with this, you can sign this now" Mr. Fordo gave a folder containing two pieces of paper. There was astonishment in her brain and she was confused by what was happening. She took the folder and opened it, she read what was written and realized that it was a prenuptial agreement. "Why are you asking me to sign this prenuptial agreement? What's really going on?."

"You have to sign a prenuptial before you marry my son, that's just included in the agreement so please don't be offended. We just want to secure our money, and so does your mother, Xandro will also sign the prenuptial agreement too—"

"What wedding? Who will get married? '' I haven't agreed yet!" with shocked Nathalie said.

"But you said yes, Right?!" Samantha slightly raised her voice.

"Because I thought, it's for the family's future—"

"Yes, it is! The surnames Fordo and Salazar will remain high if the two families are united by the marriage of the two of you" ani Samantha.

Nathalie looked at the man next to her, his face emotionless and seemingly indifferent to the arranged marriage taking place. She couldn't do anything even if she asked the man for help because he didn't seem to care. She stood up to walk out, but her brain was not working and was blank "Sorry but I'll think about it first" She stepped out of the restaurant and she heard her mother while talking to the Fordo family say "I would talk to her about the wedding and the agreement would still go ahead... let us just give her some time."

When she came out of the Restaurant, her Mother followed her "Nathalie!!, we need to talk!" her mother said out loud. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath before facing her Mother "What for—" she seemed deaf and dazed when her Mother slapped her hard "You embarrassed me!."

She grabbed her cheek which was reddening and kept her tears from flowing "Isa lang iyon sa pagpapahirap mo diba?— Kulang pa ba? may idadagdag ka pa ba?!— sabihan mo ako agad para maging handa ako" there was a tinge of pain in her voice.