18

BLAZE AND SAMANTHA are both eating breakfast. While Nathalie was in the kitchen. Tumayo si Blaze at pinuntahan ang dalaga sa kusina na kasalukuyang naghuhugas ng pinggan

"Sumabay ka sa amin kumain" ani Blaze.

"P-ero si Mommy—"

"Don't let her underestimate you, is that clear?" Blaze said while holding Nathalie's wrist. She could no longer answer and let him take her to the dining room table.

Samantha was stunned and stared sharply at Nathalie who was now sitting next to Vanessa. "Who gave you permission to come to eat with us?—"

"Me!" He said flatly "From now on, we will eat with... her," he said and began to eat.

"Hindi ako pumayag—" Samantha said out loud but Blaze cut her off.

He dropped the spoon and looked at Samantha without emotion. "I don't need your permission. Nathalie is part of the family so she must eat with us."

"Bab—D-ad it's okay, I'll just eat with Manang Flor" Nathalie was staring at the floor and was about to stand up when Blaze stopped her.

"Sit... I said sit down!" he said authoritatively.

"Didn't you hear her? kay Manang siya sasabay, nababagay lang sa kanya 'yon dahil isa siyang sampid—"

"Enough Samantha! Ako na ngayon ang padre de pamilya kaya dapat ako ang masusunod...Is that clear?" He said sharply.

Samantha did nothing but let Blaze do what he wanted.

"Nawalan na ako ng gana" Samantha scrambled to her feet and immediately picked up her case and kissed her daughter and her husband.

Nathalie looked the other way when she saw her Mother kissing her man... as if something had pierced her heart and felt a little jealous.

"I'm leaving" She looked at Nathalie badly and gave her a warning look not to mess with her.

When Blaze, Nathalie, and Vanessa were left at the table. Vanessa wondered what had happened "What was that?" her forehead furrowed and demanded an answer.

"Tinatama ko lang ang mga mali sa mansyon na ito," Blaze said and smiled at them "From now on, I will make sure that no one gets caught up in wrong deeds ... And your Mommy is not exempted. If she wants me to stay in this Mansion she will follow me as her husband—"

"Pero hindi mo naman kailangan na gawin ito, Sanay naman na ako at ayaw ko magalit pa lalo si Mommy sa akin" ani Nathalie.

"Ate?! Dad is right... he is just protecting you from Mom. I love our mother but what she does to you is too much" Sabat ni Vanessa at tumayo "I'm going to school, have a nice day " she said then kissed Nathalie's cheek Afterwards her stepdad and left.

Blaze and Nathalie were both silent at the dining table. While the servants went to their respective tasks.

"You don't need to do that Baba."

"Anong silbi ko kung hindi ko gagawin iyon? Ayoko na inaapi ka niya kaya sa ayaw at sa gusto mo proprotektahan kita. The day you gave yourself to me, I told myself I would do everything so you wouldn't get harmed" he stared intently at her "Just... trust me okay?."

Nathalie could do nothing but nod and sigh and resume eating. "Any plans for today?" Blaze asked.

"Wala, gusto ko lang matulog at magpahinga" Nathalie answered.

Blaze sighed at Nathalie's gesture. He stood up and looked around to see if anyone was there, and when he made sure no one was, he moved his seat next to Nathalie.