Epilogue

Once upon a time, There was a young lady who was abused by her StepMother. . . But she didn't know that she was the lost Princess of their kingdom. Everyone who sees her face is fascinated and everyone around her loves her because of her beauty and pure heart.

Her bad Stepmother was really angry with her for being so kind and unobtrusive. Since the Princess is not her real daughter. She tortured the Princess, enslaved and humiliated her. The Princess would not be allowed to go out of their house and she could not talk to other people because her Stepmother forbids her.

The princess became sad until one day, the King came to the residence of the missing Princess. And claim that she is his lost daughter and the only Princess of the whole kingdom.

The Princess was happy again because she met her real family. But a palace soldier dared to love the Princess. And the Princess loved him too but that romance was against the law of the palace. The King became angry and forced the Princess and the palace soldier to separate. The King threw the Soldier into a battle, where he could die. But if the Soldier can return to the palace, he can marry the Princess because it is a greatness and courage to just get his beloved Princess.

The Soldier promises that he will return and marry the Princess. And the Princess also promised that she would wait no matter how long it would take.

But the Princess has been waiting for very too long, and no Soldier has returned from the battle. The princess fully imagined that the Soldier had died in war. She lost hope of waiting any longer. But on the day the Princess was to be married to a Prince, the Soldier came and his body was covered in blood because he forced himself to return to the palace to fulfill his promises.

The Soldier arrives on the princess's wedding day, but it's too late. The Princess had already married the Prince and was appointed the new King and Queen of the entire palace. The Soldier was hurt and never showed up again.

"That's the end of the story of the Princess and the Soldier," Ravida said and fixed her younger sister's blanket.

"It's a fairytale story, so why no happy ending?" Vida asked.

"Because not every fairytale story has a happy ending," Ravida replied.

"Like our parents?" Vida asked.

Ravida was stunned by her sister's question "It's a different situation, and no one knows if the love story of our parents has a happy ending or a sad ending. The only one who knew the answer was Papa."

"I know it's my fault because Momma died giving birth to me. Reason for her and Papa's love story to have a sad ending" Vida said sadly.

Ravida sighed and sat on the edge of Vida's bed "How many times do I have to tell you that it's not your fault?. Momma had a heart condition then so she couldn't take it anymore."

"But still—"

"Shhh!, It's not your fault, There are definitely things and chances that when destined to happen you can't do anything to change and stop it. Even if you force yourself to make your own destiny" Ravida exclaimed.

"Do you think Momma and Papa are really destined for each other? or they are also like the Soldier and the Princess?" ani Vida.

"If in this world, maybe not. But if in the afterlife, maybe yes. Because I know they really love each other and I know they will choose each other again in their next life. That's for sure. Oh enough asking na, go to sleep because— "

Papa will be released from jail tomorrow!!" Vida said excitedly and went to bed.

Ravida turned off the lamp and gently closed the door after she left Vida's room. He went into his room and took a book from his shelf. He is now twenty years old and Vida is fourteen. Every night he does it without fail, she tells various stories to his sister before going to bed. It was his way of making her feel like he was always there for his sister at the end of the day.