43

A FEW DAYS AGO, he has already brought Kc home. That was also the last time he and Sabrina met because he was busy taking care of Kc. Sabrina and he also understood everything, he was wrong to suspect that she was Nathalie, so he stopped bothering her.

He also realizes that he needs to forget for the sake of Kc. He promised that he would take her to the altar and it was a betrayal on his fiance's part wishing that Sabrina was Nathalie.

Kc sleeps soundly and he watches over her while sleeping. He left his work in the meantime just to focus on her, and he will only return when Kc's condition improves, after all, the company can run even without him.

The doorbell rang so he went out to check it out. No one was there but his mailbox was opened. He picked up the small envelope and saw Dominic's laboratory logo. . .

"It's the DNA results" he mumbled. He hesitates to read it but he has nothing to lose so he still reads it. He was slightly taken aback when he saw the result, He immediately put it on the envelope and went inside the household. He clenched his fist and let out a deep sigh again. "What am I going to do now" he whispered.

When he entered the room, Kc was already on the floor clinging tightly to her head and complaining of severe pain. "H-help" Kc's weak complaint.

Blaze immediately carried up her fiance and drove to the nearest hospital. "Hold on— we're close" puno ng pag-aalala niyang sambit.

"Ahhh!... I can not take the pain anymore" Kc complains. When he arrived at the hospital, Blaze gasped while carrying Kc "We need a doctor!!" Blaze shouted, the nurses immediately approached and pushed a stretcher for Kc who was immediately taken to the ER.

Blaze was left to wait, he was restless and full of worry. He called Luke to let him know what had happened to his sister.

Luke came in breathless "Where's my sister?."

"There" he pointed to a room they feared. The room where Kc is repeatedly taken. Luke sat down next to him "I will take her to America for treatment, will you still be with her?" Luke asked.

Blaze didn't answer, he just kept quiet until the doctor came out of the ER. They both stood up to talk to the doctor.

The doctor sighed sadly "Chemotherapy can no longer cure Miss Ladesma's illness, all I can advise is that you better transfer Miss Ladesma to a bigger hospital so that someone can focus on her every minute. We can be more confident that they can do more than our hospital service can afford."

Blaze immediately entered Kc's room and left Luke talking to the doctor. She was fast asleep. Blaze looked at his fiance, he felt sorry for her. The cancer spread so fast in Kc's body, that she was losing weight and a few hairs were falling out. His mind was in turmoil especially when he read the DNA result he wanted to talk to Sabrina but he could not leave Kc.

Kc woke up and slowly looked at Blaze "I'm fine" Kc mumbled.

"No, you're not," Blaze said weakly then combed Kc's hair.

Slowly Kc's hand rose and reached for Blaze's cheek "Will you still marry me even though I look ugly?" Kc asked sadly.

"Of course" no doubt Blaze's answer "And you're not ugly, you are beautiful even if you run out of hair."

"I'm t-ired" Kc whispered weakly "My time in the world is running out and I haven't even heard that you say you love me" Tears dripped down Kc's eyes. Blaze was silent because what Kc said was true even once he didn't say the word I love you.

"Kailangan mo ng pahinga... go back to sleep, I'll wake you when it's mealtime," he said to avoid what they were talking about, he was still confused even though he should choose Kc and be with her until their last breath.

"Minahal mo ba ako?—" Kc suddenly asked Blaze.

"O-f course I do" he stuttered.

"Then why can't you tell me? Why do I have to ask just to know if you really love me!?—is that hard to say that word?" ani Kc.

"Actions speak louder than words, so I'd rather show than just say it... Words are just words if you don't mean it" Blaze realistic statement.

"Is that the reason why you don't want to say because you don't mean it?" Kc's bitter question. Honestly, she agrees, actions speak louder than words but what if you don't feel that he loves you romantically? For three years, at least once, she didn't feel that Blaze loved her romantically. They sleep in the same bed but she feels there is a wall between the two of them. She also knows that Blaze agreed to be her girlfriend because he took pity on her. When Blaze became her boyfriend, she preferred to become blind because she didn't want to see in Blaze's eyes that the woman he loved was not her. She convinced herself that Blaze loved her even though the truth was that she had never once replaced Nathalie in the heart of the man she loved. She also knew Blaze was losing heart because it had gone into the pit with Nathalie's corpse. She prefers to ignore that because what is important to her is not to be alone. But now what mattered to her was to die knowing that the person she loved loved her or even cared about her.

Blaze couldn't answer what Kc said as if her words were right. "You need some rest—" he said.

Kc laughed sadly "It's your fad to avoid what you don't want to talk about," Kc said tauntness. "I'm going to die soon... Maari ba akong humiling sa iyo?."

Blaze sighed deeply, he didn't want to see Kc hurt but he was the reason why she always had doubts "A-no iyon?."

"Maari mo bang sabihin araw-araw— hanggat nabubuhay ako na m-ahal mo ako kahit hindi totoo?" she said huskily.

"Totoong mahal kita, bakit nag aalinlangan ka?" ani Blaze.

"I w-ouldn't hesitate if I didn't feel it" she replied "I no longer have time to pretend to be blind and insensitive... I know a lot—but I will keep quiet because I can do nothing but support you. I also know that you had sex with Sabrina even though I was your fiance." she said acridity.

Blaze's eyes widened in Kc's direction as if he had been knocked out of the seat.

"Yes, i saw you. Sinundan kita sa Isla upang suyuin ka dahil napagtanto ko na mali ang ginawa ko. Ngunit ng makita kita na kasama siya sa cabin na iyon— para akong pinapatay. At dahil mahal kita...nanatili akong tahimik dahil ayaw ko na mawala ka sa akin..." tears dripped down Kc's cheeks and she smiled hard.

"I-m s-orry—" the only thing Blaze said.

"Sorry? hindi mo kailangan humingi ng tawad, sadyang tanga lang ako sa pagmamahal. Pinipilit kita na mahalin ako kaya kasalanan ko din iyon. Mas lalo kong naramdaman na minahal mo lang ako bilang kaibigan at tinanggap dahil ako ang nandiyan. Kapag namatay na ako— malaya ka nang magmahal muli—"

Umiling si Blaze at kinuha ang kamay ni Kc "P-atawarin mo ako... I didn't know you felt that way. I make mistakes over and over again, and I keep hurting you without realizing it. I'm not the man you deserve..." Blaze said dejectedly.

"I'm supposed to be the most stupid woman in the world because I prefer to be quiet even if I'm being fooled. I can't afford to lose you—" Kc said weakly.

Blaze remained silent and just accepted all of Kc's allegations because they were all true and he could no longer deny it. He holds Kc's hand repeatedly kisses it and asks for her forgiveness. He did not realize that Kc was asleep, he just stared at her gentle face. "I don't deserve you... you are so good for someone like me" he whispered. He has to decide and there is only one he can choose.