12

SHE COULDN'T SLEEP—she felt restless due to those inexplicable sensations she felt.

Humiga siya patagilid sa harap ng sofa kung saan nakahiga si Blaze, malamig ang sahig kaya hindi na siguro nakatiis kaya't lumipat sa sofa. Sa tangkad ba naman ni Blaze nahihirapan itong matulog dahil sa liit ng sofa.

"Are you asleep?" aniya.

Blaze hummed "Hmm?."

She moved on the other side of the bed to give space and tapped the bedsheet. "Dito ka na...nakakaawa—" agad na tumayo si Blaze at mabilis na humiga sa tabi niya.

"Baka magbago pa isip mo" anito.

Kapwa silang walang imik at nakatitig lamang sa kisame ng Cabin. Tumikhim ang dalaga upang basagin ang katahimikan "T-hank you" aniya at pumaharap siya kay Blaze at ganun din ang ginawa ng ama-amahan.

"Thank you for?" may kunot sa noo na sambit ng lalaki.

"Sa pag kumbinsi mo sa Mommy ko na iurong ang pag pulled out ng adoption... and also for being there for me... Hindi ko nararamdaman na nag-iisa ako kahit na wala na si LoloDad" mahinang sambit ni Nathalie.

"I'm just doing my duty" anito habang matiim na nakatitig sa kaniyang mga mata.

She knows it's not only out of responsibility that Blaze does what he does; there's another reason, someone wouldn't bother helping and following her every day if there was no other intention and she was afraid to find out.

But she was still grateful for the kindness he showed. "Still, it means a lot to me."

"You're always welcome" He grinned and combed Nathalie's hair back into place. He remembered what had happened the night before, and his conscience would not let him go. "I ahm... sorry for what I did last night."

Nathalie can't stop gagging because of the weird sensation she gets from Blaze's intense glance into her eyes. "Wala na sa akin 'yon alam kong hindi mo intensyon."

"I couldn't help myself last night so I did that, I just wanted to know something and be enlightened ... sorry" sambit ni Blaze.

Napakalalim ng boses ng ama-amahan kaya't kinikilabutan siya sa tuwing naririnig niya ito kasabay ang bumubuntong hininga. She can understand the facination. Honestly, she finds him very intimidating "By kissing me!?" she murmured.

"Yes" walang pag aalinlangan nitong sagot.

"Did you get the answer?" She asked uncomfortably since the heat she felt intensified with each glance he gave her.

"Y-es" nauutal nitong sagot.

"M-may I know?" she asked again.

He hummed "Hmm, I can't tell you"

"W-hy?" she frowned when she asked.

"Because whatever that is... is unacceptable. I don't want you to feel uncomfortable whenever you're with me. I prefer that we are just like this...just trust me, okay?" ani Blaze.

"Why do I feel like Is it dangerous to put my trust in you?" Nathalie couldn't stop herself from saying that.

"I also found that you are quite dangerous, Nathalie... And very tempting" Blaze said seductively.

She had goosebumps when he uttered her name. That was the first time she'd heard it from him. "You seem tempted."

Blaze bit his lip hard and couldn't stop her friend from stiffening "I believe we should wrap this up, bago pa mapunta sa kung saan ang usapang ito."

She didn't say anything and simply closed her eyes.

Trust is very hard to entrust but for someone who is always there for her so that she does not feel alone, she was ready to entrust herself and take the risk, just as does right now. "I just hope that's the right thing to do," she thought.