26

NATHALIE SALAZAR'S car exploded in Ligaya Road, Tagaytay City.

That was the call they received from the Tagaytay Police Station. Blaze almost hurried to Ligaya Road where Nathalie's had an accident. She was restless because of the intense nervousness due to the news he received.

When he arrived at Ligaya Road, there were a lot of police and ambulances. He also saw Nathalie's smoky car shattering due to the explosion. Trembling with fear and nervousness, Blaze searched the whole area and looked for Nathalie. He didn't want to think badly and he wanted to believe that nothing bad had happened to Nathalie. The police officer approached him and asked if Nathalie was related to him.

"Y-es I'm her B-oyfriend, Where is she? Is she okay?— Tell me" he almost pleaded.

The policeman sighed "I'm sorry but he was with the explosion—I'm sorry for your loss."

Blaze could not move from the stand and almost collapsed from where he was "N-o!—No! it can't be!" he shouted, he grabbed the policeman by the collar "Where is she? Tell me what you say is not true! Nathalie is alive—she's alive!."

The police officer cleared his throat "See for yourself" The police said calmly. He let go of his collar when he saw the corpse carried by the nurses and covered with a white cloth. "No! It's not true— h-indi siya 'yan!" nilapitan niya ang bangkay at dahan dahang ibinaba ang tela na nakatakip sa katawan nito. He could barely look at the corpse, some parts of her body burned and could no longer be recognized. He collapsed on the stand and could not believe what he saw, he recognized the bracelet she was wearing, it was their family crest.

He could barely move in his seat and just stared at Nathalie's Corpse. He heard Vanessa's voice coming with her Mother.

"A-te!" her voice trembled and covered her mouth to suppress her gurgling, while Samantha burst into tears looking at Nathalie's corpse.

Vanessa grabbed the cloth and burst into tears "It's my fault! If I hadn't just forced her to go to the Ball, she wouldn't have had an accident" Vanessa blamed herself for what had happened to her Sister. Samantha approached her daughter and comforted her "I'm sorry Baby—."

"You should apologize to my sister, Mom, you owe her sorry, '' Vanessa said almost aloud. Samantha was silent and felt guilty. "Ate! I'm sorry .... S-orry!" Vanessa said over and over as she cried.

Blaze stared lifelessly at the corpse as he sat on the grass. Blaze blames himself for Nathalie's loss. He shouldn't have kept a secret in the first place, he would have told about his parents' plan right away.

When he became close to Nathalie, he abandoned his parents' plan, for Nathalie. Everything he showed Nathalie was true. His care— his forbidden obsession...lahat ng iyon ay totoo at walang halo na pagpapanggap.

"Kailangan na ho namin dalhin ang katawan" they loaded the corpse in the ambulance and took it to the morgue. Samantha and Vanessa followed the ambulance to the morgue, while Blaze was left at the scene of the accident. He was stunned by this and looked at Nathalie's exploded car being moved to the truck to dispose of.

He went back inside the car like a robot and became numb. He was unable to think clearly, he grabbed tightly to the steering wheel and leaned himself into it. It was as if he was going to explode and could not cope with what was happening, for the first time tears dripped from his eyes "Ahhh!!!" he shouted in grief and pain and repeatedly slammed the steering wheel of his car. "It's all my fault!— I'm sorry.... sorry for breaking your heart...I'm to blame for your death— I'm sorry" he repeatedly shouted and apologized as if the woman he was apologizing to could hear him.

"I love you Luna" he whispered "I love you so much, I didn't even tell you right away Mahal na mahal kita."

THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED ONE MONTH AGO. The death of the woman who first made his heart alive, again and again enters his dream. He cannot forget and continues to miss his Luna. For one month, he completely ruined his life. He was fired from his job, not talking to anyone, and even his family and siblings had no communication with him. He was just mumbling in the Cabin on the Island owned by Nathalie and every day he was drinking alcohol to be self-indulgent.