Chapter 53 - Lost in the Depths

Summary: During a school trip to Lanayru Bay, Raypha and Tidon wander off and get lost.

It was a gently drizzling morning at the family home near Mikau Lake as Mipha and Link awoke in their slumber pool and reached out for each other.

"Good morning, sweetheart, you look beautiful as ever," he said, his voice low.

Mipha couldn't help but smile at his compliment.

"And you look handsome as ever," she replied.

Their playful banter was quickly replaced by passion as they pulled each other closer, their bodies pressed together, and each kiss was filled with longing.

"We're so lucky to have found each other," Link murmured between kisses.

Mipha couldn't resist teasing him.

"Mm, we so are," Mipha sighed. "But getting that first kiss from you was harder than scooping meat from a crab."

"Well, I've been spending our years together since then trying to make up for it," Link laughed playfully, beginning to lose himself in the heat of the moment as they resumed kissing.

Suddenly, they were interrupted by a knock on their door and a loud voice.

"Mom! Dad! Breakfast time!" shouted Tidon. "Remember, Ray and I have our field trip today!"

"On our way," Mipha answered, breaking their kiss.

"It must be later than I thought. We need to get up," Mipha whispered, giving Link a final kiss before slipping out of the water and helping him climb out after her. After Link dressed, they made their way to the kitchen, where the aroma of freshly cooked fish filled the air.

"Tidon caught all the fish, and I already cooked your breakfast, Dad," said Raypha as she served him a cooked and lightly seasoned Hyrule Bass.

"Thanks, sweetheart," said Link. "You're spoiling me."

"I can tell you're both eager for your field trip," said Mipha with a knowing smile.

"Yes, it will be great to have fun with our classmates and friends," Tidon agreed,

"And we'll get to experience a saltwater environment, just like on our family trips. Some of the other students in our class have never had that opportunity," Raypha added.

"But let's not forget the educational aspect of this trip," reminded Mipha kindly. "It is part of your school work."

"We know," groaned Tidon.

Their field trip consisted of a full day at Lanayru Bay with two Zora instructors named Natala and Tolon and eight children, including Fara and Landon, who were also in their Math class and friends with Raypha and Tidon.

After finishing breakfast, Link busied himself with washing the pot and cleaning up while their children scurried back to their rooms to get ready. When they were all set, they returned to the kitchen to say goodbye.

"We're meeting everyone at East Reservoir Lake, just a short way from here," Raypha announced.

"Now, remember to behave yourselves," Link cautioned with a warm smile as he and Mipha each gave their children a tender, heartfelt hug.

"And stay safe," Mipha added. "You're not used to the currents in Lanayru Bay, which can be quite strong and unpredictable, so always be cautious."

"We will," Tidon assured them as Raypha nodded.

Once they left to meet their classmates and instructor to start their journey, Link turned to Mipha and asked, "Do you know why they chose to take the class to Lanayru Bay?"