Chapter 40

"Good morning princess" Dad came behind my chair and kissed the top of my head. The whole time my eyes were on mum's who looked worried.

"Morning dad" I reply back in a happy tone. It hurts not to tell dad what's happening but I know that it's for the best right now. Dad sits down in the seat next to mine and tucks his chair in.

"Snow, how are your classes going?" Dad asks me. I clear my throat and give him a wide smile.

"It's going really good dad. I have amazing teachers and they always help me out when I need it" Dad seems happy with my reply because he leans over and pats my hand.

"And you are remembering my rule, aren't you?" My heartbeat seemed to stop as I felt my eyes widen a little. Suddenly, the whole atmosphere turned silent and I could even hear mum gasp in a breath.

"Vincent darling" Mum called out. Dad looked away from me and I let out a deep undercover breath. Mum gave me a slight glance as I returned the favour by giving her a small smile. Mum started talking about some office work to dad and went on about it, which I am very thankful for.

"Rosalinda, will you please give Snow two hard boiled eggs" Mum told her. Rosalinda nodded at mum but when she was placing the eggs on my plate, she looked at me with a raised eyebrow. I'm such a horrible person, who could I have not told Rosalinda about everything that has been going on? She's been through this whole process with me since the beginning so I shouldn't really be neglecting her.

"Two eggs? Snow doesn't even eat the one on its own" Dad asked with confusion. Panicking I take the second egg which Rosalinda placed on my plate and quickly put it onto dads.

"You're right, I don't eat two eggs" I tell him. He looks down at his plate and takes the egg into his hand.

"Well I was just wondering, you can eat it Snow" He tells me with a straight face.

"No dad, you know what mum's like. She always tries to feed me extra food whenever she can" I look over at mum who lets out a forced laugh.

"Snow, you know I'm doing it for your wellbeing" She tells me, her eyes glance down my body and I know she's looking at my stomach.

"But mum, you know how much I hate to eat extra"

"But Snow, honey, look at yourself"

"Well I can't exactly look at myself right now, I need a mirror"

"Well I'm your mirror and this mirror is telling you that you need to start eating healthy"

"Healthy? Me and healthy don't go together"

"You're going to have to eat healthy from now on, you know you have to"

"Why does she need to eat healthy from now on?" Dad asks in the middle of our heated conversation.

"B-because Vincent, darling, look at your daughter. She looks so thin and sh-"

"Hey, would you look at the time" I get up from my seat and tuck the chair in behind the table. "I'm going to be late for college if I don't leave now. Love you mum and dad, bye" Before any of them could say anything I quickly ran out of the kitchen and outside the house. I know I am going to regret leaving the house without eating any breakfast.

***********

"Everybody else can leave expect you Miss Jewel" Everybody else started getting up from their seats and began putting their books away. I know exactly why Mr McAvoy wants me to stay behind; I bet Julie told him about me coming to her pharmacy to get a pregnancy test. Once everybody left the classroom, Mr McAvoy shut the door behind him and began to make his way over to me with a straight face. "Stay seated Snow" He tells me once he reaches over to my desk. I didn't realise I was standing up but I guess I've gotten so used to it ever since I started having him as a teacher. He takes a nearby chair and sits on it.