Chapter 44

(CHRISTMAS PARTY)

"Dad, Mr Heath and his family are here" I inform him. Dad gives me a smile and walks to the door. Dad had agreed to the party straight away, he thought it would be a good idea however; he wasn't keen when mum told him that she invited Mr McAvoy.

"Vincent, how are you?" I heard Colton's dad say. Turning my head around I looked at Colton first. He had on a pair of dark blue jeans, maroon shirt with a black blazer. It was a casual yet formal look.

"I'm doing fine. Come on in" Colton's dad walked ahead. He saw me and gave me a wide smile.

"Snow, darling, how are you?" He asks me.

"I'm doing fine. How are you?"

"Splendid" He walks ahead of me and goes to greet mum.

"Hey" I hear someone whisper in my ear. I look up to see it was Forrest. He gives my shoulder a pat and walks away. I look back at Colton who gives me a wink. We can't be seen together, dad would act suspicious.

"Snow, will you come here for a second?" Dad says. I nod my head and walk over to him. I hope he didn't see Forrest tap my shoulder but most importantly I hope he didn't see Colton wink at me.

"Yes dad?"

"Your mum said that she was going to invite a person over that I didn't know about. What's their name again?" He asks me. These people that dad is talking about is none other than Damien. Mum told me to tell dad that Damien is her friend's son.

"Oh I think his name is Damien or something" I say.

"Who is exactly is this Damien?"

"Well mum said that he's her friend's son" I tell him. Dad nods his head. We both stay together and wait for other people to come as well.

"There's that prick Andrew" Dad says making me break out of my thoughts. I look up to see Mr McAvoy and Julie.

"Vincent" Mr McAvoy is now standing in front of dad who looks like he wants to strangle him any minute. "Let's bury the hatchet. It's Christmas in a few days and I don't want us to be fighting" Dad squints his eyes but nods his head slowly.

"Very well Andrew" They both shake hands. Mr McAvoy looks over at me and gives me a small smile.

"Your daughter, she's an amazing student Vincent-very determined" He says empathising the word 'determined'.

"Well she is my daughter" Dad says proudly.

"She's also your wife's daughter but anyway. This is my fiancée Julie" Julie shakes dad's hand and gives me a hug.

"Enjoy the party" He informs them. Mr McAvoy and Julie then walk off. "Is your friend still coming?" Dad asks me. I told him that I invited Candice. He goes that was fine but she had to stay away from any private information.

"Yes she is. I'll call her" Dialling her number she picks up straight away. "Candice, where are you?" I ask her.

"I'm with Damien, we're at your doorstep" She informs me.

"Ok then. Bye"

"She's at the door" I tell him.

"I should go and bring her in" Dad walks off. I look around the room to see mum is talking to Mr McAvoy. I fast walk towards her and poke her arm.

"Candice is here with Damien. Go and introduce him to dad" I tell her. She gives me a thumb up and walks with me. Damien and Candice have walked into the room with dad behind them. He's glaring at Damien's back. After the last stunt Damien pulled off in front of dad, I doubt he ever forgot him.