Chapter 28

“Rosalinda I’m nervous” I tell her as she helps me to do my hair, I see her roll her eyes in the mirror as she fixes the last pin in.

“Don’t be nervous, just don’t talk to Colton its simple” She tells me. Getting up from the chair I face her with an ‘are you kidding me face’.

“You know it’s not that simple. Colton and me are going out-how can I avoid my boyfriend! And he is bound to make a conversation with me, I’m just so screwed. I don’t know what to do, dad is going to lock me up in my room and Colton is going to hate me for the rest of his entire life-I’m such a horrible person!” I yell out loudly.

“Snow sweetheart listen to me” Rosalinda places her hands on both my shoulders and looks up at me as I am quiet taller than her.

“You have my prayers with you; nothing bad will happen. Why don’t you tell Colton about all of this issue about you not being allowed to go out with anyone?” She asked. First Damien now Rosalinda.

“It’s not that easy” I tell her.

“Yes it is that easy Snow. You’re just hiding him away from everyone, take my advice and just tell him. It’ll only make your life easier and his” She says.

“Is it me or does this seem like déjà vu?” I asked her.

“You know what it does. Whenever I get you ready you always ask me the same things and I always give you the same response”

“Shows how much of losers we are” I tell her. She furrows her eyebrows and walks away from me.

“Shows how much of a loser YOU really are”

**********************

“Remember what I said to you Snow?” Dad said as we stand behind mom who just knocked on Colton’s door. Nodding my head, dad pats my back as the front door opens revealing Colton’s mom. I can see a small resemble between him and his mom-he got her dimples.

“Oh Vincent, Amelia and Snow how lovely to see you all here” She said brightly. Her and mom did the whole hug kiss thing so did dad. I gave her a small smile as she pulled me in for a quick hug.

“Might I say Vincent your daughter is so beautiful she looks just like you, all the boys must be running after her” She said to dad. Yes why don’t you say something like that to my dad, he’ll sure laugh about it. Waiting for dad’s reaction all he did was laugh, yeah he’s pissed.

“Well I do my best to keep them away” He told her, she laughed and waved her hand at him.

“It won’t be long till one takes her away on her feet” She told me with a wink, I give her a genuine smile. It’s like she knew about me and Colton but if she did she would have definitely mentioned him in this conversation. “Anyway let’s go inside” She said to all of us, she put her hand behind my back and led me into the living room behind mom and dad. Colton’s dad was meeting dad and then started to greet mom. Guess it’s my turn.

“Snow this to see you again” He tells me. I give him a small smile as Colton’s mom makes me sit down next to her. Mom, dad and Colton’s dad were occupied talking while I was sitting awkwardly next to Colton’s mom.

“So how’s college doing for you?” She asks me. Looking into her blue eyes I give her a smile.

“It’s going good but you know the stress will be building on in a few months’ time”

“Hopefully you do well, Colton told me you guys are in the same class for one of your courses” She says. I nod my head, speaking of Colton where is he?