Chapter 7

"Mum this dress is suffocating" I groaned in frustration. Mum slapped my arm and made me look at her. She started smoothing my hair away from my face- I hate this so much! I looked at mum and she gave me a fake glare before walking out of the room. I looked back in the mirror and had the urge to rip this shit off my body.

I was suffocated around a long red evening gown which had a intricate beading on the neckline, a pair of strappy black sandals; my hair was down in a messy bun but the blonde part of my hair was framing my face and pink lipstick with black eyeliner. Don't get me wrong, I looked ok but I just hate dressing up. The worst part is I'm not even allowed to wear short dresses and skirts. Only long skirts and dresses. I swear, when I get married I'd walk around my house naked if I wanted to.

My phone buzzed in my hand, I groaned and saw it was a text message from an unknown number. That's strange...it read some next crap, oh yeah it's Damien. I quickly translated it and it said: Hey Snow, how you doing?

I typed back: Going to the stupid dinner party and I look like a clown. Once I hit send the message came back instantly.

Send me a picture. Should I, or should I not? I'll tell him to delete it once he gets it. I put the camera on and put the phone in front of my face taking the picture. I hate it when I have to do that it's so gay and especially when boys do it and make those retarded constipated looks- so gross! I hit send and sat on my bed waiting for his reply.

You look hot!!!! ;). I looked at his response and laughed. I was about to type back when I heard heavy footsteps, shit it's either mum or dad. As quick as possible I hid the phone underneath my legs of the dress. The door swung open to reveal dad standing there in a suit. I gave him a forced smile as he gave me a grin back.

"Hey dad, are we going now?" Dad nodded his and opened the door widely for me to go through. I gripped the phone tightly in my hand and got up making sure not to trip over. I took hold of the cloth of the dress and wrapped it around the phone so dad couldn't see anything. I walked past him and took a deep breath. I lifted the dress up a bit more and took a careful step down the steps.

Mum was standing at the end of the stairs putting some lipstick on. I rolled my eyes and walked past her into the kitchen. I always have a glass of water before I leave the house, it is a habit. Rosalinda looked at me and smiled.

"You look so beautiful" She said looking me up and down. I gave her a smile as I l walked towards the water of jug. I set the phone down the opposite way so the screen wasn't facing upwards.

"Thanks but I don't feel beautiful" I told her honestly. While taking a sip of water she rolled her eyes and took one of my hands in hers.

"Honey you will realize that when you find someone you love" She said looking into my eyes with a motherly affection. I put the glass down and looked away.

"How can that even happen when I'm not even allowed next to a guy" She frowned at me and let my hand to fall to my side.

"You will understand one day that you will find yourself.... breaking your parent's promise" She said carefully. I looked her confused.

"I would never break my parent-"

Holy Moly I have! Damien! But I consider him a friend and I don't like him in that way at all. Rosalinda looked at me and smirked.

"You have already haven't you?" She said trying not to jump up and down. I groaned and nodded my head.

"So did this happen today?" She said intertwining her hands together and beaming at me. I nodded my head again. "So what's the boy's lucky name?" She said bumping me in the shoulder.

"His name is Damien but I don't like him in that way" Her smile faded away as she gave me a disappointing look.

"Got me happy for no reason" She said mumbling underneath her breath angrily.

"But..." Her eyes widened as she looked at me excitedly.

"But what?" She asks.

"I met another guy and I kind of already like him as well" She bit her lip as dimples formed onto her cheeks.

"Awwwww that's so cute." She put a hand on her chest and started jumping up and down.

"Rosalinda what in the world are you doing?" Dad's loud voice said booming into both of our ears. I looked and saw dad looking at Rosalinda weirdly.

"I was just um I just um......-"

"She burned her hand on the gas cooker" I quickly jumped in and said. Dad glanced at me and nodded his head.

"Come on Snow it's time to go now" Dad said leaving through the door. Both me and Rosalinda took a deep breath.

"Imagine if he heard everything" I said to her. She nodded her head pulling her hair back. "Well I should be going then, see you when I get back home" I said to her. She gave me a small smile. I started walking to the door when Rosalinda stopped me in my tracks. I turned around and waited for her to speak.

"You forgot your phone and purse" She said holding both of them up. I got the purse and phone from her. I unlocked the purse to find three packets of extra chewing gum; I looked up and smiled at Rosalinda. I put the phone in there and strolled out of the kitchen.

I saw mum looking at herself in the mirror again and dad walking out the door. I followed dad outside towards the car. I opened it and got in sensibly so my dress wouldn't be caught in the door.

I looked out the window to see people walking on the streets laughing, playing and mostly having fun. I wish I was them sometimes more than I was myself. People don't realize how hard it is to be in a family where people expect you to be mannered all the time. Relaxing into the seat I put my head back on the leather seat and close my eyes steering myself into some sleep otherwise I'm going to be yawning in the party like mad: mum hates that!

A pair of green eyes came into my vision. I relaxed even more and enjoyed the pair of green eyes. I know who they belong to. They belong to Colton. That name and face is stuck in my head like a permanent marker. His voice was so flawless and soft and everything about him was so noble. But he won't like me, and even if he did he would probably run away because of my mum and dad. I just want to be with someone who realizes that I'm different and I'm beyond the ordinary. But......there are a lot of girl's out there who could be exactly like me.

"Snow wake up" I heard someone screech into my ear. I carefully opened my eyes to see my mum's face in front of mine. I yawned loudly and sat up straight to see mum standing outside. "Are you trying to ruin our family reputation?" She asks angrily.

"Sorry" I mumbled underneath my breath. She gestured for me to come outside of the car; I got out and stood straight up. We were in the parking lot where other people were making their way into some big house or something.

"Come on let's go. Your father is waiting inside for us" She said grabbing hold of my arm making me walk along with her as well.