Chapter 17

“Snow is that you?” Looking up I noticed that Colton was standing in front of me.

“No it’s my mom” I replied back to him, I heard him chuckle as he sat down next to me on the bench.  “So what you doing here all on your own” He asked.

“I should be asking you the same thing”

“Well I just came back from the gym and I like to walk it home but I noticed a girl sitting on the bench and it looked like you so curiosity got me”

“Well it is me so yeah” I told him.

“You seem down. You ok?” He asked. Looking into his green eyes they were staring back at me in concern

“Why do you care about me?” I asked him. He raised his eyebrow and looked away from my face and straight ahead.

“What sort of a question is that” He said.

“It’s just, you asked me out and I said no so how can you just be so friendly with me. If someone rejected me I know that I would avoid talking to that person”

“Well I’m not exactly you and everyone is different. Which is why I thought that you were unique and special you just seemed to stand out from the rest and I wanted to ask you out because I want to be with you”

“Don’t Colton. Don’t say that” I told him.

“Why shouldn’t I? It’s the truth I really like you Snow” He argued back.

 “Colton you idiot shut up” I said to him which made him laugh.

“Come on Snow give me one good reason why you don’t want to go out with me?”

“Colton it’s not you. It’s me” Yes I know it’s cliché to say but in this situation it’s true.

“That’s what they all say” He said while smiling.

“I thought you said I wasn’t like them”

“Snow” He said in a warning tone

“Colton” I replied back with the same tone of voice.

“Come on just give me one chance. Just one chance and I know that I’ll prove you wrong just please” He said desperately. I feel sorry for Colton right now he is begging to go out with me when really it should be the opposite. I never even knew he felt the same way about me and it’s overwhelming. But I’m scared of what mom and dad will do. Wait…why should I always follow their rules for? I’m a big girl and quite frankly I can make my own decisions.

“Ok fine Colton” I told him, his face broke into a huge smile as if he won a million dollars.

“I promise you won’t regret it” He told me.

“Yeah I hope I don’t”

“Take your phone out I’ll give you my number” He said taking his own IPhone out. Taking my own phone out I switched it on as he told me his number I wrote it in saving it in my contacts.

“Well Colton I guess I should be going home now” I told him. Right now all I wanted to do was scream loudly because I am going out with the hottest guy on campus.  I have no idea how I’m acting so calm right now.

“I’ll drop you off” He told me.

“No it’s ok. I’ll see you tomorrow then” I replied back. He gave me another smile as we both got off the bench.

“Bye Snow” He said, he walked a few steps back but still faced towards me. I smiled and started walking back home, I looked over my shoulder to see Colton was still standing there as he gave me a wave. Waving back I looked forward and bit my lip.