Chapter 1

Something hard was burning through the outside of my eyelid as I struggled about in the silky covers of my bed. I opened my eyes but everything came out blurry. I quickly shot them back shut and got my sleeping hand up and rubbed the outside of the eyes.

 I opened my eyes again and saw that the burning sensation was none other than the sunlight which was reflecting onto my bedroom wall from the window behind me. I smiled in easiness and swiftly sat straight up on the bed.

 I closed my eyes again and smiled at the feeling I got inside me. I opened my eyes yet again and frowned as I looked around my bright room. I didn't like everything being so bright and especially my room being so big. 

Other than my room being big I actually liked it because this is the only part of the house that I could rearrange and make it my own. I had a normal wooden double bed with a bunch of pillows behind my back and cream silky sheets.

 I had a wooden nightstand next to my bed which had a lamp, small clock, a box of tissues, a beautiful grown plant rose that my grandma gave me for my fifteenth birthday and a cup of half drank tea which I had before going to sleep.

In the far end corner to the right of my bed, I had the same design as the nightstand for the wardrobe. In the end of my bed to the right was another wooden draw with a nice mirror on top of it, a bunch of flowers at the side and a photo frame of me and my friend. 

I smiled looking around and took the covers of me getting out of my bed and standing on my two feet. I pulled the curtains back and looked out at the busy street where people were running around trying to get to work.

 I rolled my eyes and began making my way to my bathroom. My first day of college and I am super pumped being sixteen is awesome! I just finished secondary school and got all the grades I needed to choose the subjects I exactly wanted.

Entering my bathroom the scent of vanilla hit me, it's not everyday you get a bathroom that smells like vanilla. I started stripping out of my night clothes which was a tank top and black yoga pants, I hate sleeping in yoga pants I normally slept in normal pajama bottoms but mum said it's not very lady-like-yeah right! 

I switched on the button to the shower and put my hand underneath the hose until it was the right warm temperature. Once it was, I held onto the side of the bath and got in carefully in case of falling down. The warmness of the water hit my scalp and soaked my hair down to my face and back.

I managed to clean myself up nicely and got out of the bath and grabbed hold of the towel that was on the bathroom door peg. I gripped the furry fabric and wrapped it around me covering all of my essential parts.

 Unlocking the door I carefully shut it behind me running across the floorboards of the room standing on the mat so the water wouldn't drip everywhere. I took the towel off and started wiping my hair trying to get the end parts dry so they wouldn't release their rain drops on me.

Looking down on the floor I smiled to myself and skipped to my wardrobe and opened it looking for the clothes I was going to pick. Quickly taking them out I put them on swiftly.  I had on a black lacy tank top, a denim waistcoat and grey faded jeans.

Walking across the room I sat down in front of the huge mirror and smiled at my reflection. I guess I was average looking but everyone always complimented me on my skin tone. I was fair which is the way I like it and my cheeks give of this natural rosy tint.

I had really light brown eyes and dark brown hair but I highlighted the bottom part into blonde. Taking the blow dryer out I quickly start to dry my hair. Once it was completely dry  I started brushing through it until there were no knots making my hair come out wavy.