Chapter 10

"And then I was like no way and he was like yes way and I was like-"

Someone please help me. I was in the lunch cue and Candice appeared from nowhere and started talking to me about Damien. She actually reminds me of Candice from Phineas and Ferb, why did they have to create a cartoon like her?

"Candice"

"I just stared at him thinking of an excuse to why I am even talking to him-"

"Candice!" She stopped talking and looked at my face innocently.

"Yeah?" I put my hand on her shoulder to show a polite gesture.

"My head is really hurting me so can you please stop talking for a minute" She nodded her head slowly and turned around, finally!

"What would you like sweetie?" The chubby dinner lady said from the other end. I scanned my eyes through the sandwiches and baguettes. Damien told me to get him something to eat as well.

"Can I have a cheese salad and tuna baguette" She nodded her head and handed it over to me.

"You eat a lot for a skinny girl, don't you?" Candice said looking at my hands. Me, skinny? Yeah right.

"I'm not skinny" I said arguing back to her while smiling.

"You are, I wish I was like you" She said complaining. I rolled my eyes and took two chocolate cookies and a large Yazoo strawberry milkshake. I paid for everything and walked towards the table with Candice hot on my heels. Damien looked up and smiled but it faded away when he saw Candice.

"Hey I got you what you wanted" I sat down next to him and handed him the cookie and baguette.

"Is the milkshake for me to?" He asked holding it in his hand.

"Do you want it?" He looked at me and sighed. "We can share half of it or I could get you another one" He shook his head as a no and placed the bottle down.

"We'll share" He told me. He looked past my shoulder and forced a smile. I'm guessing that's Candice

"Do you think Snow is fat?" Candice suddenly asks, I turn around and glare at her.

"What?" I heard Damien ask in a shocked tone.

"Forget what she just said" I took a bite out of the baguette and looked around.

"Just answer the question, is she?" Candice said again patiently. Wow first time she stopped talking so much and actually listened.

"She's not skinny" Damien said drinking some of the milkshake.

"Thank you Damien" I said patting his hand.

"She's perfect" My eyes widened as I took in what Damien said. He looked really casual and carried on eating.

"Aww thank you" I gave him a quick hug and turned to look at Candice. She wasn't smiling like a freak this time but looked really angry. Wow I like this face better than the other one.

"Candice are you ok?" I ask looking at her. She flicked her gaze towards me and forcefully nodded her head.

"I've got to go, see you later" She got up and walked away.

"Thank God she's gone" Damien said to me. I took the bottle of milkshake and drank a gulp from me.

"Yeah thank God" I said to him still thinking. Is she jealous about mine and Damien's relationship? Or was it something else that got her to be so angry...

"Hey what you thinking about?" Damien asks me. I look at him and wobble my head.

"Nothing, do you know the time?" He looked around but there were no clocks here in the canteen.