Chapter 18

“So…how do I look?” I asked Rosalinda. She gave me thumbs up and walked over to me.

“This Colton boy sure is lucky” She told me. I rolled my eyes and just ran my hands through my now curly hair.

“Well I’m lucky to have him. All this time I was crushing on him like mad and to find out he liked me back was really big and I’m so glad I said yes when he asked me out”

Looking at my outfit one more time I knew that I was satisfied. I decided to tie down to a mustard coloured t-shirt that was very loose fitting with a white and black stripped jumper on top with black skinny jeans at the bottom.

“Come on let’s go Snow” Rosalinda told me. I followed her out of my room as I put my phone in my pocket while walking down the stairs.

“So did they buy your excuse then?” I asked Rosalinda she smiled at me and nodded her head. Apparently Rosalinda said that Joshua, Michael and Elizabeth wanted to see me (her children) so she’s going to take me down to her house for the night. Me and mom still haven’t made up yet but dad seems to be talking to me. At the bottom of the stairs Rosalinda picked up her coat from the stand and put it on.

“Go tell your parents that you’re leaving” She told me. Following her orders I walked into the living room and saw mom and dad watching the news together but they didn’t seem to notice me.

“Dad I’m going now” I yelled. Dad just looked in my direction and smiled.

“Ok just phone when you reach there” He told me. I walked out of the front room and back to Rosalinda.

“Come on let’s go” I told her. She opened the front door as she stepped down the stairs; I followed her and shut the door behind me following Rosalinda to the car. Getting into the car I shut the door behind me as the lavender scent filled me in, putting on my seatbelt Rosalinda started the engine and reversed out of the street and onto the road. Precipitously, my heart started pounding in my chest as my palms grew sweaty.

“Linda I’m very nervous right now” I told her. I could feel her gaze on me but I concentrated on the road in front of me.

“Just take a few deep breaths” She advised me.

“What if dad finds out” I asked her

“Snow he won’t find out. Don’t worry I’m here” I heard her say. Seconds later we reached right opposite the park and the bench me and Colton were sitting on yesterday and there was Colton right now sitting there looking around. He looks so cute when he is lost. My heart seemed to slow down as I just stared at him.

“That’s him” I told Rosalinda.

“You pick them fine don’t you? Go on get out of the car the poor boy is waiting there in the cold” She said. I gave her a smile and took the seatbelt of getting out of the car. I shut the door behind me as Rosalinda quickly drove off. Ok. Here it goes. Taking steps across the road I started heading towards Colton. I felt the small stones on the road through my red shoes but it didn’t really matter. Colton looked up and saw me. I gave him a smile and waved at him as he gladly returned it. This time I walked faster as I was now a few feet away from him.

“I thought you weren’t going to come” He said in a whisper.

“Well how could I not?” I said replying. His dimples went deeper into his cheeks as he looked down at my outfit.

“You look beautiful as ever” He told me which caused me to blush.

“Hey you’re rocking those chinos” I told him glancing at his own clothes. He had on a pair of light brown chinos, a black cardigan with a navy blue shirt.