Chapter 45

Chapter Forty-Five
Halloween

Chapter Forty-Five Halloween

**

Amniocentesis is a procedure used to take out a small sample of the amniotic fluid for testing. This is the fluid that surrounds the fetus in pregnancy.

Pro's: Can be used to diagnose genetic disorders

Cons: Miscarriage. Less than 1 in 200 women (less than 1 percent) have a miscarriage after an amnio.

This is what Addison's search history on her phone consisted of. Addison was stressed out beyond what she can handle. She was constantly debating with herself if she should do it or not. The odds were in her favor, and everything would be fine. Tim was in favor of the procedure, he believed that everything would work out according to plan.

So, after much going back and forth with the procedure. Addy and Tim had decided to schedule the procedure. With important instructions that she would remain on bed rest for 24 hours until it was over, and the results were ready.

Halloween was nearing, Addison and Tim had decorated the house for the holiday. Addison loved Halloween. She enjoyed passing out candy to trick or treaters. She enjoyed going to halloween parties. But, this time it was different. Addy was going to spend her Halloween getting her procedure done, and being on bed rest for the next 24 hours.

Addy's appointment was scheduled for the afternoon. She had planned to do some light work at the station. She was dressed in a crème shirt, with a rustic orange blazer, and black jeans. She looks over at Tim with a groan "I look like a pumpkin" she says looking down at her bump.

Tim laughs he walks over to Addy and gives her a hug. "A very cute pumpkin" He jokes. Addy rolls her eyes and picks up her bag. She grabs her phone "I put an alarm on your phone. Remember my appointment is this afternoon at 3. Make sure you're at the hospital, they won't let you in the department. If you're late" she reminds him.

Tim nods his head "I promise, I won't forget. I'll be there" He tells her. He remembered to set three alarms throughout the afternoon. Addy nods her head and gives him a kiss "I know" she says. The two gather their things before leaving to the station.

**

Addy had been doing light work at the station for a few hours. Tim was on the road with Thorsen as a T.O for the day. Lucy walks over to Addy with a smirk on her face.

Addy puts down her papers and looks over at her "What did you do?" Addy asks with a grin. Lucy laughs "I may have found Tim's radio at a stop. I hid it from him, I'm sending him on a scavenger hunt" she explains while laughing. Addy starts to laugh "Tim hates scavenger hunts. He must be going crazy" she says.