Take Me Back (Matthew Espinosa)

It's not the same anymore. Everything used to be so colorful and cheerful. Now it feels like I'm drowning. Every time I see him my heart breaks more and more. And the pain comes back. Matthew and I were fighting over something stupid and I couldn't handle the stress and I broke up with him.... Which I regret everyday. It's been about 4 to 6 months since it happened. And that was just when we were dating. We dated for about 2 years almost three and before that we were best fiends for almost 4 years.

I see him in the hallways everyday and it hurts knowing i won't see him when I go to my locker at he beginning and end of the school day. If he looks at me its like a quick glance, like the own you would give some stranger.

I couldn't handle the pain anymore. At the end of the day I walked over to his house, freezing to the bone, and covered in snow. I knocked on his door.

"Who is it?" I heard his monotoned voice.

"Matt it's me Y/N." I said. "Open up please. I'm gonna get frostbite." There was no reply. "Matt we need to talk"

The door opened and I saw his expressionless face. "Talk about what?" He instantly said.

"Us," I said. "I miss you Matt. Take me back please. I love you. I always have and I still do. It hurts seeing you everyday in the hallways and you don't even acknowledge me." I said.

"Last time I checked, you broke up with me." He said a bit coldly.

"Because I was stressed out with exams coming, studying, my job, and sports." I said. "I didn't want to disappoint you."

"Y/N." He said. "It's over. You were the one to stop it."

"Fine but let me just tell you this will be the last you'll ever see me." I said.

"What do you mean Y/N?" He asked, confused.

"I'm committing. There's nothing for me to look forward to these days. No happiness no color. I've been pretty much starving myself for the past month Matt. I just wanted to tell you that I still love you and see if you feel the same. And obviously you want me to go so.... Goodbye." I said and left his house.

Before I could get in my car I felt someone's arms wrap around my waist then twirl me around to face them. I saw a glimpse of Matt before he crashed his lips on mine. I started to cry, tears streaming down my cheeks. "I still love you." He said as he pulled away, keeping our foreheads together.

"Why'd y-you let me walk out of your h-house then?" I asked, crying.

"I-I don't know babe." He said then why quickly let go of me, rubbing the back of his neck. "I-I mean uhhh Y/N." I held his hands and put them on my waist and looked up at him. "I love you so much." He said. "Please don't do it. Don't go." He said.

"You have no idea how hard it is." I said.

"I'll take you back. I'll treat you better and make sure you aren't stressed 24/7. I'll be there by your side every step of the way and if you want me gone I'll go but please don't do it. I love you Y/N so fucking much." He said, with tears rolling down his cheeks.

"I love you too Matt." I said so wraps my arms around him and hugged him tightly.

"I promise to make you feel special this time. Tell me if I do anything wrong okay?" He said.

I nodded, my face still in his chest. "I love you so fucking much." I said.

"I love you too Y/N, you're my world, my rock, my base, my everything... I don't know what I would do without you."