Broken (Matthew Espinosa)

Word count: 1026.

Type Of Imagine: Sad

Matthew's POV

I laid on my bed, on my side, as I scrolled through my phone, looking through Twitter and tweeting back to my fans and such. I scrolled through my feed, looking at tweets from my friends and such. I then saw a tweet, from a fan, that caused my heart to break.

Matt.Is.Bae: TheMattEspinosa how do you feel about this? 

Attached to the tweet was a GIF of my ex-girlfriend Y/N and her new boyfriend, Chris or what ever his name is. The GIF was of Y/N sitting on his lap, legs wrapped around him, and his arms around his neck. Their foreheads were leaning on one another and there was a big smile on Y/N's face. 

My heart broke to see her in love with someone else. I missed her smile, her laugh, her hugs, her jokes, everything about her. I just missed her.

*Flashback*

"Matt... p-please." Y/N begged, getting on her knees and holding my hands. "Don't l-leave me please. I-I'll change, I can be better. please Matt, don't go. Don't leave me." She said, tears running down her cheeks. 

"I'm sorry Y/N" I said, helping her stand up again. I cupped her chin in my hands and tilted her head to face me. "I just... don't feel that spark anymore." I lied. The real reason why I wanted to break up with her was because she was a great girl and I was too busy with meetings and work that I thought she deserved better. She stared into my eyes, still crying. "I love you so much Matt." She said, hugging me tightly. I wrapped my arms around her, hugging her back. 

I stared into her eyes and she asked me, "One last kiss?" I nodded then cupped her small face in my hands and kissed her passionately. I teared up, knowing this would be the last time I'll be able to kiss her. I felt her arms wrap around my neck, pulling me closer. My heart broke as the kiss ended. I took a deep breath and said, "I'm sorry." and left her house. 

I stepped into my house and into my car, driving away, watching as I saw Y/N disappear into a distance. Once I could not see her house or her anymore, I pulled over and put my car in park. I hit my head agains the steering wheel multiple times. "Stupid, stupid, stupid." I called myself as I hit my head on the steering wheel over and over again. "You just dumped the only girl that understands you, the girl who you fell in love with all those years ago...." I yelled at myself. I sobbed hysterically as I felt my heart break more and more every second. 

I miss her already.

*Flashback Over*

I arrived at Shawn's party for his new album and the music was blasting. I immediately saw Shawn and I walked over to him and congratulated him on his new release and he thanked me. "Oh uh, don't turn around." he said. 

"What why?" I asked, turning around but Shawn grabbed my shoulder and said, "Just don't please, from bro to bro, just don't." he said. I forced a chuckle then said, "You're being stupid." I spoke, taking his hand off my shoulder. I turned my head and looked to see what Shawn didn't want me to see. I instantly saw Y/N standing there with her boyfriend Chris' arm around her. She was wearing the black and gold dress that I got her for our second year anniversary. It was a short sleeveless dress and it captured every single one of her perfect curves. Her boyfriend kissed her temple as she locked eye contact with me. She waved right before her boyfriend brought her over to a group of people and started to dance. "Sorry, I should've warned you that she was coming." Shawn said.

"It's fine." I said. "No worries, your party." I said. I walked over to the kitchen and grabbed a drink. I drank it and heard some footsteps come up to be from behind. "Matthew Espinosa? Is that you?" I heard a familiar voice say. I turn around, after I put the drink down on the counter, and there I saw the love of my life. "Y/N" I spoke.

"Oh my god!" she squealed as she hugged em tightly, "I haven't seen you in... what.... 7 months?!?! I like what you did with your hair!" She said happily. She seemed so happy....

"Thank you." I said. "So I saw you walk in with a nice looking boy." I said. 

"Matt." She said, giggling and blushing, "I've seen the tweets about me and him that your fans tag you in." She spoke. I chuckled nervously. "His name is Chris." She explained.

"Is he treating you nicely? Not too.... rude or pushy?" I asked her, hoping she'll say something about him not being as great as me when we dated... something to heal my broken heart.

"He's the best!" she exclaimed. "He's so sweet and loving and he's an excellent cook as well!!" she squealed. I forced a smile. "How about you?" she asked me, "Any luck lady?" she asked me.

"No." I said. "Just me, focusing on work and such." I explained.

"Hey babe, who's this?" Chris said as he walked over and wrapped his arm around her. 

"Chris, this is Matt. Matt this is Chris." She introduced us. I shook his hand and forced a smile, he did the same thing, gripping my hand tightly. "Oh the ex." Chris said. 

"Chris." Y/N said under her breath.

"Sorry." he spoke.

"Its okay." I said.

"I'll tell you this though Matt...." Chris began to say. "You let go the most beautiful, caring, loving, perfect girl of them all." he said, kissing her cheek, causing her to blush and smile as my heart broke into a billion pieces, seeing her happy from another man's words. 

I let her go. But I missed her. I just wanted to hug her and kiss her and tell her how much I still love her. But I let her go.... And it's all my fault. 

And I'm broken because of it.

A/N: I hope you guys enjoyed the super long chapter!!!!