Puppet (Mendes)

A/N: inspired by Puppet by Jake Miller. You can listen to it in the media above. :))

WC: 603

TOI: Sad? idk tbh

Shawn's POV

I sat in the home office, with my guitar in my lap and papers scattered around the room. I ran my hand through my hair, stressed out of my mind, before setting my guitar down and putting my face in my hands. I heard my phone ring, I dug through all the paper around me and found it, seeing that it was my manager. "Hey Andrew, what's up" I said.

"hey Shawn, got good news, we just booked another tour" He spoke

"Yea that's good and all but that just means another civil war between me and Y/N....What am I supposed to say? 'Hey baby, how you doing? I missed you, oh, by the way I'm bout to leave again, I'm going on a fall tour. But I'll be back before you know it, then I'm all yours'?" I asked him, more stress entering my body.

"Listen, Shawn, she'll understand that this is more important" Andrew spoke.

"Oh, really? You wanna tell her that? 'Cause if I ever did she'd probably kill me" I said, throwing my other hand into the air.

"Look I'm sorry, Shawn but it's done deal, you're leaving Thursday" He spoke. I looked at the calendar on the wall beside me; four more days...." And you'll be on the road during Christmas and your birthday" Andrew continued speaking.

"Great, my girl's mad 'cause I ain't there a lot and now I gotta spend my birthday in the courtyard Marriott" I muttered.

"Shawn, I know you're stressed, man, you've had a busy year. But this is what you signed up for, this is your career. This industry ain't for the weak-hearted, Jake, I thought you knew that you can't pursue your dream and have a normal life, too if you ain't ready tell me now, I never said that it was easy. Otherwise I'll be in my office, you know where to reach me" Andrew said, hanging the phone up. I put my phone down and sunk down into my seat, throwing my head back and rubbing my hands on my face.

I heard my phone go off, this time it was my label. I answered it saying hello.

"Hey Shawn, how you doing? Tell me how's the album coming?" He asked me. "We heard your last song and honestly we didn't love it. We don't think it'll make the cut, could've written better verses. Deadline's in a month and now we starting to get nervous. Stop getting so distracted, start picking up the pen. You need more time in the studio, and less time with your friends. 'Cause it's crunch time, should be doing nothing but making music. We follow you on Instagram, see everything you doing. Yea we see you at the beach, at the gym, at the mall. To be honest, doesn't seem like you're working hard at all" He said, making my anger go through the roof.

"How dare you say that I don't even have time to take a shit!!" I yelled through the phone. "I've been working non-stop and I'll be honest, I admit sometimes I need a break, this life can drive a man crazy especially when your label keeps calling saying you're lazy." I said.

"Listen, Shawn, I know it's hard, sometimes it isn't fun, but if this album tanks, well your career could be done if you ain't ready tell us now, never said that it was easy. Otherwise I'll be in my office, you know where to reach me" He said before hanging up just like Andrew did.

A/N: Part two coming soon. ;)