Teacher (Mendes)

TOI: Sad
Word Count: 683

I sat at the back of my classroom as I slid out my phone and hid it inside my book. I clicked on Shawn's name and typed in a message.

Y/N: Meet me at our spot after school, at 3:30?

I looked towards the front of the room and watched my teacher, and secret boyfriend, check his phone after it vibrated. I watched as he stared at screen of his phone before typing back a message. I looked down at my phone and saw his name upon it.

Shawn: Sure.

I stared at the screen, confused. He would never send short one worded messages unless something was going on.

---Later that day---

I sat on the bench in the small lowkey park just out of town. I waited for Shawn to walk through the trees from the small pathway. I looked at my phone and looked at the time. 4pm. He was thirty minutes late. I sighed. He stood me up.... for the fifth time in a row. I stood up and soon heard a twig break. I looked up and saw Shawn standing there. "Shawn." I said, surprised to see him. I ran over to him and hugged him. He slowly wrapped his arms around me, awkwardly.

"We need to talk." Shawn said. I let go go of him and looked up at him. He had red puffy eyes.

"What's wrong?" I asked. Shawn held my hand and brought me over to the bench I was just sitting on. We both sat down and he looked down at his lap, still holding onto one of my hands. "We can't see each other anymore." he said quietly.

"What?" I asked, feeling my heart drop into my stomach, making me feel sick. I looked up at him and felt my eyes tear up.

"I'm your teacher Y/N..." He spoke, holding both of my hands and facing me. "We can't sneak around like this anymore, I could loose my job or get arrested." He said.

"But I love you." I said, my eyes about to pour out with tears.

"And I love you too, I love you with all my heart but... we just can't continue this anymore." He spoke. A tear rolled down my cheek and I soon felt Shawn's hand on my cheek, wiping off my tear.

"But Shawn..." I said, completely speechless.

"No.... Y/N, I can't do it anymore, all the anxiety and worrying... I can't handle it anymore." He said.

"I'll switch schools then!" I said, throwing my hands up to the air.

"Y/N...." Shawn said.

"Or or or..." I said, trying to thinking about another way we could still be together, standing up.

"Y/N" He spoke, standing up to face me.

"I always wanted to go to the cool prep school just out of town." I said.

"Y/N" Shawn spoke, raising his voice, causing me to stop.

"WHAT!" I yelled, throwing me hands up when Shawn tried to hold them.

"Y/n calm down." Shawn spoke.

"NO!" I yelled, "I AM NOT LETTING THE LOVE OF MY LIFE JUST WALK OUT OF MY LIFE." I yelled, feeling a ton of tears running down my cheek, flooding out of my eyes and onto my cheeks and down my neck.

"Y/N.. babygirl." He spoke, pulling me into a hug. I cried into his chest, knowing this would be the last time I could hold him, and call him mine. He traced circles on my back with his hand, knowing it would calm me down. "I love you, but I can't risk loosing my job or going to jail. I'm sorry" he said quietly. I ignored his comment and continued to hug him, holding him close to me. "Maybe we can get together another day... Or maybe in a later life," Shawn spoke, trying to stay hopeful for the both of us.

He let me go and I looked up at him one more time. I felt his hand on my cheek, pulling me in for a long passionate kiss.

"Goodbye"