0.4

Calum followed Emily to her front door. As they both have other arrangements on Wednesday they had to change the day.
Calum followed Emily into her house. She had a bigger house than him due to the fact she had a large family.
Emily had seen her mum go through some rough divorces. Her dad and her mum split just after her mum found out she was pregnant with Tommy, Emily's only fall blood sibling. Emily never saw her dad again not that she really wanted to. He was an drug abuser and alcoholic. Her mum re-married and had two more children, James and Tilly. Another relationship that didn't work out. James and Tilly still go to their dads every now and then. Now the longest relationship and most successful relationship was her mums current husband, Dave. Dave cared about all of them and treated all the kids as his own. Soon enough her mum had twins Dixie and Izzy. However, Emily's mum, Rachel had stage four cancer. Meaning that she was going to die and that was the truth. This also meant that Dave worked long hours to keep the house running. Emily found herself being the mum at times. Her mum was always in hospital or too tired to do things so Emily took on the role.

"Hey mum" Emily called as she walked into the kitchen.
Her mum appeared in the doorway looking at Calum.
"Hello my love and who is this handsome fellow you bring?" Rachel said in a put on fake actor voice.
"This is Calum" Emily said slightly amused.
"Hello Calum, I am Rachel"
"Hello" Calum chuckled slightly. Calum didn't know what was wrong with her mum but he could tell she was sick.
"Put the kettle on love" Rachel said in a cockney accent to Emily who filled up the kettle and lent against the counter.
"So how are you?" Emily asked her mum.
"You mean beside the tumor that is killing me? Pretty damn good" Her mum said Resting against the door frame with her arms folded across her chest."hey do you know what I did today?" Her mum asked fake excited.
"What did you do?" Emily chuckled.
"I completely a thousand piece puzzle in an hour" Her mum said proudly making Emily laugh and Calum smile. He was confused as to how her mum could be so happy.
"Oh wow" Emily replied turning the kettle which had finished boiling "do you want one?" She asked Calum over her shoulder.
"No I'm okay thanks"
"Manners I like it" Rachel nodded she looked over at Emily as she put decaf into her mug "not decaf"
"You know you aren't allowed caffeine" Emily mumbled slightly annoyed.
"Em hun do I look like someone who gives a shit"
Emily rolled her eyes and put caffeine tea bag in to her mums mug.
"Beside I'm on my death bed it's my final countdown" her mum sung the famous song.
"Mum the isn't funny" Emily said slightly sad as she looked at her mum. Her mums eyes soften slightly and she walked over to her taking Emily's face in between her hands.
"I'm sorry" she whispered "but you need to lighten up"
"Get off" Emily whined taking her mums hands away from her face.
"Am I embarrassing you in front of your boyfriend?" Rachel asked looking at Calum. Emily's face instantly screwed up whilst Calum just smirked a little. 
"He isn't my boyfriend" she said pointing towards Calum. Rachel crossed her arms in front of her chest and looked between the two of them with an raised eyebrow.
"Please don't tell me you friendzoned him" Rachel said looking at Emily.
"No"
"Oh good so what are you"
"Chemistry project partners" Emily smiled at her mum as her face dropped slightly.
"That's a pretty harsh zone to be in" she told Calum.
"Tell me about" Calum joked looking at Emily before her mum.
"Well kids as much as I enjoy your company, I'm missing grand designs" Rachel said grabbing her tea and walking out of the kitchen. Emily chuckled shaking her head before walking upstairs.
Calum followed her up too her room. Emily's room was fairly small but kinda sweet.
She has a double bed which had cushions on, lined up against the wall it was pushed against. She had a small window seat that went in a U shape. A dressing table was her stupid amount of make up brushes considering the amount of make up she wears. Other than that she had a desk with Apple laptop and  a wardrobe in the corner. She had fairy lights around the whole of the room/ ceiling and a photo wall. Calum looked around, it was very Emily. Simple but nice.
Emily shut the door behind them and sat on her bed.
"What does your mum have?" Calum asked. He didn't know if it was rude but he wanted to know. He hoped it wasn't going to upset Emily. Although Emily didn't seem to be the kind of person to get upset easily. 
"Cancer, stage four. Started off as a brain tumor but now it's on her spine and breast" Emily said.
"Sorry" Calum mumbled
"You don't need to be sorry"
"I know I just-" Calum stopped as looked at Emily.
"You what? Feel bad? Please just don't I don't want your sympathy" Emily said shaking her head.
"Why didn't you tell me?" Calum asked.
"Because it isn't something I introduce myself with"
Calum sat next to her on the bed.
"She's interesting" Calum commented.
"Yeah" Emily sighed
"I'm guessing you don't like her humor?" Calum asked
"Would you?!" Emily asked looking over at him "she's dying Calum I'm literally watching her die" Emily said trying not to get upset in front of him.
"Okay I'm sorry we'll change the subject" Calum said looking at Emily with concern.
They were put into silence. When there was a knock at the door before it opened and Tommy was standing there. He froze when he saw Calum. Tommy went to their school and was the captain of
His years football team. Calum was the captain on the schools team.
"Er hi" Tommy said nodding towards Calum.
"What do you want?" Emily asked
"Dixie has locked herself in the bathroom again" Tommy smiled making Emily roll her eyes.
"Why?"
"Because it's Dixie and she's an over dramatic bitch" Tommy answered. Emily sighed and stood up walking out of her room and to the bathroom.

While she was gone Tommy stood awkwardly in the door way.
"Are you and my sister.." He trailed off.
Calum chuckled "No we're chemistry partners"
"Oh lucky you" Tommy said sarcastically.
"What and dating her would be different?" Calum asked slightly amused.
"No that would be crazy of you, but it was be kinda cool" Tommy said shrugging.
"Are you on a football team?" Calum frowned slightly recognizing him.
"Yeah for the 15's" Tommy nodded "captain"
Calum nodded "I was that once, who knows you could be me in a few years"
"I fucking hope not" Emily said walking back into the room.
"I'm not that bad" Calum protested.
"My brother isn't a man hoe"
"Not yet" Calum mumbled. Emily shooed Tommy away before closing her door again.
"So how many siblings do you have?" Calum asked after a long silence.
"Five" Emily said looking over at Calum who had a softer look in his eyes than he usually does.
"Wow your parents must love having kids" Calum commented.
Emily bit the inside of her lip "my mum does"
Calum frown at her "and your dad didn't want six kids?"
"My dad only had two" Emily said fully facing him. Calum caught on pretty quickly.
"Oh I see" He mumbled awkwardly.
Emily smiled at him "I never thought I'd see Calum Hood so awkward"
Calum looked at her "I'm not being awkward"
"Yeah you are"
Calum was silent for a while as he watched her write something out for the project.
"I guess this made me think that not everyone has a perfect family life and that you should never assume things" Calum said out loud making Emily look up at him.
"I didn't think it would be me giving you a reality check either" Emily almost laugh until she noticed how serious he was. "Look this house is pretty happy not everyone's mums have cancer or have a rubbish step dad back ground and nothing is perfect"
"Why do you hate me?" Calum asked taking Emily by surprise.
"I don't hate you" Emily said looking at him directly in the eye.
"You used to"
Emily paused for a second "hate is a strong word and it doesn't sum up how I have ever felt about you, it's too weak" Emily joked making Calum smile a little "why did you think I hated you?"
"The looks you used to give me or us"
"You aren't my type of people all the drug and girls and parties. I just don't get it and I don't understand why people think so highly of you" Emily said bluntly.
"That's what I like about you" Calum said in a low voice "you are different to the other girls"
Emily felt awkward she didn't know where this was leading or if she was prepared for this.
"Well I'm glad I'm not like a them" Emily shrugged "it looks like an awful life to be in"

It wasn't long before Calum had to leave, thankfully in Emily's mind.
They walked down stairs.
"Oh are you off?" Rachel asked from the kitchen. Izzy was standing there sucking her thumb.
"Emmy is that your boyfriend?" She asked before putting her thumb back in her mouth.
"No Izzy" Emily chuckled before turning to Calum.
"It was nice meeting you" Rachael said "maybe we should have you over for dinner"
Emily mentally groaned at her mum.
"Yeah I'm sure we can arrange something" Calum replied looking at Rachel before Emily. Emily gave him a bitch look before opening the door for him.
"Thanks for having me, bye" Calum smiled at Rachel before leaving.
Emily closed the door and stared at her mum.
"Why would you even invite him over?" Emily asked walking towards her mum.
"Em, I'm dying I want to see you have a proper boyfriend" Her mum replied.
"He isn't my boyfriend" Emily groaned. Her gave her a disbelief look.
"He will be"
"I'm not dating him his an arse hole" Emily said. Her mum raised her eyebrows and went back to cooking.
"I like him"
"You don't know him" Emily rolled her eyes.
"He likes you" Her mum said making Emily look at her
"No he doesn't"
"Yes he does I can tell"
"How can you possibly tell?" Emily asked crossing her arms over her chest.
"The way he looks at you"

"You're being ridiculous" Emily said rolling her eyes at her mother because Calum Hood didn't do girlfriends and there was no way in hell that Emily would every date Calum. Sure he was attractive and good looking but he was opposite to her, they had nothing in common and he was everything she didn't want in a guy. He smoked, hated school and slept around. Although there was something mysterious about him, and Emily kind of wanted to find out what it was. 

_____________________________

I don't know why people read this I'm so shit at writing but whatever.