5.5

1 month later..

For a while we pretended
That we never had to end it
But we knew we'd have to say goodbye.
"We'll be counting down the days"
"Just come here"

You were crying at the airport
When they finally closed the plane door

Calum looked back to see Emily with tears running down her face.

I could barely hold it all inside
Calum starred at the necklace in his palm with watery eyes.

Torn in two
"You know this was a hard decision, right?"

And I know I shouldn't tell you
But I just can't stop thinking of you
Wherever you are You
Wherever you are
Every night I almost call you
Just to say it always will be you
Wherever you are

I could fly a thousand oceans
But there's nothing that compares to
What we had, and so I walk alone
The fact is when Calum looked at Emily, regardless his mood with her, she made his heart beat a little faster.
I wish I didn't have to be gone
Maybe you've already moved on
But the truth is I don't want to know
The thought of another guy touching Emily made Calum feel physically sick.

Torn in two
"You shouldn't have to choose between me and music. You know the answer"
And I know I shouldn't tell you
But I just can't stop thinking of you
Wherever you are
You
Wherever you are
Every night I almost call you
'You should delete her number"
"No"
Just to say it always will be you
Wherever you are

You can say we'll be together
Someday
"If we come to this again with jump in, we either sink or swim"
Nothing lasts forever
"We were bound to fall apart"
Nothing stays the same
"Haven't spoken to you in a while"
So why can't I stop feeling this way

Torn in two
And I know I shouldn't tell you
But I just can't stop thinking of you
No matter what Calum did, Emily would always be at the back of his mind.
Wherever you are
You
Wherever you are
Every night I almost call you
Just to say it always will be you
Wherever you are

Calum placed his pen down and stared at the words on the paper in front of him. He wiped a stray tear from his eye and let out a sigh. He fished in his pocket for the small tangled necklace and stared at it. Before reaching for his phone and unlocking it. He opened up his contacts and his thumb hoovering over Emily's name.
'No' Calum thought to himself before putting his phone back and standing up shoving the necklace back into his pocket.

**
8 months later...

Emily had never run so much in her life from her car to the hospitals front desk.
"Em" Dave nodded greeting her. Emily didn't say anything to Dave until they got to the ward.
"Is everyone here?" Emily asked making Dave nod
"Yeah the Family room"
Dave lead her to where everyone was waiting. She took a seat next to Tommy knowing he'd need her comfort.
"Is Emily here? She keeps asking for Emily?" a nurse said from the door way making Emily look up and everyone look at Emily.
"Y-yeah" Emily said shakily standing up.
"Follow me" the nurse Said with a sad smile. Emily followed the nurse to her mums room "I leave you too it" the nurse said shutting the door behind her.
"Em" Rachel said in the whisper but a smile on her pale face.
"Mum" Emily said walking over to her with tears in her eyes.
"No no none of that" Rachel said cupping Emily's face with her cold hands.
"You're cold" Emily stated taking her mums hand in hers.
"Am I?" Rachel frowned a little making Emily nod.
"I'm fading Em" Rachel whispered "I'm so sorry"
"Don't be sorry" Emily shock her head.
"Emily listen to me" Rachel said sternly "I don't have much time. I need to thank you"
"What?" Emily said but Rachel carried on ignoring her.
"You have been there for me through thick, through thin. You have been this light in my life for 18 years. Emily, I'm so proud of you and I'm so thankful for you. You've helped me through two divorces, you've helped me raise children. Emily you're an amazing person and its honourable to be your mother. I couldn't ask for a better best friend. You've been making me smile for the passed 19 years. I'm so proud of the woman you have become and I never said thank you enough. You've done so much for me and this family. But you need to promise me. Promise me that you'll be happy. Promise me that you'll live a good life. Promise me that you'll have the strength the get out of bed in the morning to make the most out of the day. The only thing promised to us in life is death. So you have to make your own promised to make life worth living."
"Okay I promise" Emily whispered still with tears in her eyes that she couldn't seem to blink away.
"Thank you" Rachel said "come here" Rachel gestured for Emily to lay down, which she did carefully "we haven't done this since you were about six"
"I love you" Emily said looking at her mum who looked down at her with tears in her eyes also.
"I love you too Em"
Rachel placed a shaky kiss on Emily's forehead.
"How's work?" Rachel asked
"Yeah it's alright" Emily nodded "I don't have any friends"
"Oh" Rachel said drifting a little "Em" Rachel said "take care of Tommy for me"
"No mum please" Emily begged as she watched her mum close her eyes "mum no"
"I love you" Rachel said in a whispered mumbled before her heart rate went flat.
"NO" Emily screamed hugging her mums lifeless body with sobbed wetting the nightwear Rachel was wearing.
The nurses came running in and slowly got Emily off the bed.
"No no please" Emily whispered lending over her mums body and placing a kiss "I love you, I love you so much"
"I'm so sorry" one of the nurses said rubbing Emily's back.
Emily slowly walked out the room the first pair of eyes meeting hers were Tommy's. She shock her head and put her hand over the mouth.
Tommy's heart dropped as he walked over to Emily and hugged her. He looked into the room which she had just walked out of. Tommy felt tears prick up in his eyes as he watched the nurse tell Dave.
Emily felt a hand on her shoulder and looked up to see her nan.
"Sweetheart" she said hugging her. Emily rested her head on her nans shoulder a few stray tears running down her face.

**
Emily swallowed hard as she ran her hands over the black dress. It was the day of the funeral. It's funny how the word fun is in funeral considering what funerals include.
Holly and Poppy stood in Emily's room watched her stroke the material.
"I think I'm going to throw up" Holly mumbled making Poppy and Emily look at her with a frown before she rushed out the room.
Emily followed Holly to the bathroom.
"What the hell" Emily said "are you sick"
"I don't know" Holly said flashing away the sickness "it's been happening for the passed few mornings"
Emily raised an eyebrow at Holly sitting on the bathroom floor.
"What?" Holly asked
"Have you considered the fact you might be pregnant?" Emily asked making Holly's face run from colour to white.
"Oh my fucking god" Holly whispered "no my life is over"
"Guys what's going on in here?" Poppy asked walking in
"Holly might be pregnant" Emily said turning to Poppy before back to Holly.
"Oh shit" Poppy commented
"Yeah my thoughts exactly" holly mumbled standing up and washing her face.
"We should get going" Emily said swallowing hard. Poppy looked at her with sympathy.
"You alright?"
"I'm going to my mothers funeral" Emily stared bluntly making Poppy pull an apologetic face.

*
Emily sat in the hall of the ceremony. They weren't a religious family so it being held in a church didn't seem right.
A lot of people came to the ceremony, proving Rachel's popularity throughout the community. Emily sat in her seat at the front and glanced over her shoulder to scan the room. She caught a familiar pair of brown eyes and her breath caught. As they remained to have second after second of eye contact. Something inside of her found comfort in knowing that Calum was here, she felt more at ease. Holly frowned and followed Emily's gaze to Calum. She nudge d Poppy in the ribs.
"What?" Poppy whispered
"Calum's here" Holly whispered back making Poppy's eyes widen.
"Why the hell is he here?" Poppy whispered
"I mean he was close to the family" Holly shrugged
"It's he supposed to be touring the world or some shit?" Poppy asked in a low tone.
"I don't know maybe shut up it's starting" Holly said facing forwards as the ceremony began.

Emily was about to pass out if another person stopped to ask her how she was. She was at her mothers funeral. It was self explanatory how she was feeling.
"We need to burrow Emily for a second" Holly said pulling on Emily's forearm and giving the lady she was talking to a smile. Emily followed Holly over to Poppy.
"Thanks" Emily breathed before she looked around the hall. She just wanted to see him standing against he wall waiting for her to come over to him. If she needed him, she needed him now more than anything.
"So Calum was here" Poppy said slowly making Emily look at her before Holly.

"Did you guys speak to him?" Emily asked

"No, I don't know where he is" Holly answered glancing around the room.

"I should find him" Emily mumbled picking at the hem of her dress. She had waited. She knew he'd come back. She knew he'd come back for her for them.

But where was he now?

____________________
THANK YOU FOR READING!!
I hope you enjoyed this story but let's see what happens in a story of another us....
Story of another us is up now!
Or you can just message me on here.
Thank you again for reading and I hope you carry on to Calum's and Emily's next chapter!