4.4

Emily strolled out of her last final.

"Em" Jake said slinging his arm over her shoulder.

"Jake" Emily said looking up at him

"How was that exam for you?" Jake asked

"Good I think. How about you?" Emily asked glancing straight ahead of her at the corridor.

"Amazing" He smiled "You're sheets seriously helped me out"

"I'm glad" Emily smiled up at him

"You're such a babe" Jake said tapping her nose with his free hand

"You're so weird" Emily laughed as they walk through the glass doors.

"That's the last time we shall walk through those doors" Jake said a little sadly

"I know. It's so weird" Emily glanced back at the building where she had spent the past seven years.

"But college" Jake grinned "I'm so excited"

Emily smiled at him, more happy for him than herself. She knew leaving for college was going to be one of the hardest things she does.

"I'll see you at Greenwood's party tomorrow?" Jake said standing in front of Emily.

"I think so" Emily nodded

"Okay chicken, love ya" Jake said kissing his index and middle fingers before placing them on Emily's forehead.

"Bye Jake" Emily laughed before walking out of the side gate to were Calum was parked.
"Hey" Emily said as she got into the car with a emotionless looking Calum.
"Hi" Calum replied bluntly as he put the car into gear and pulled out of his parking space.
"Are you okay?" Emily asked picking up on the vibe that he was pissed off.
"Fine" Calum muttered not looking at her at all.
"What's wrong Calum?" Emily sighed turning down the radio and looking at him.
"How was your exam?" Calum asked still not giving her a glance. Emily slumped in her seat and faced the road ahead of them.
"Yeah it was good" Emily nodded
They sat in silence for a while before Emily broke it
"Have I done something wrong? Can you just tell me what's wrong?" Emily begged making Calum rolled his eyes under his sunglasses.
"I said I'm fine"
"Well obviously that's a lie" Emily said "what's so bad that you ca-"
"Why didn't you tell me you kissed Ashton?!" Calum finally snapped. Emily looked over at him a little taken back.
"What are you talking about?" Emily asked with a confused frown.
"You kissed my best friend and didn't tell me" Calum said looking over at her confused face.
"When did I kiss Ashton?!" Emily asked
"At his lake house party" Calum mumbled making Emily raise an eyebrow.
"You mean that party where I don't remember a thing? And that party where I was single?" Emily asked making Calum tense his jaw.
"Why didn't you tell me?" Calum asked again
"Because I don't remember doing it!" Emily shouted getting annoyed at him "anyway if I remember correctly I asked you to kiss me and you didn't so I don't know how you can be annoyed"
"How would you feel if I kissed Holly?" Calum asked
"Why does it matter? I was single" Emily asked looking over at him. Calum stayed quiet making Emily a little more pissed at him.
"Take me home" Emily mumbled making Calum look at her "What?" Emily asked
"We had plans" Calum stated
"I'm not in the mood" Emily said crossing her arms and looking straight at the road. Calum sighed before turning the car around to go back to the other side of town.
"I don't know why you're so pissed" Emily said quietly
"Because" Calum said keeping his face emotionless.
"I know you dropped out of school but because isn't really an answer"
"You didn't ask a question" Calum stated. Emily closed her eyes trying not to keep her anger on a low.
"Why are you pissed?" Emily asked
"Because you kissed my best friend" Calum stated
"It doesn't count if I don't remember"
"Well he remembers" Calum sighed angrily.
"You can't be pissed at me"
"I'm not" Calum insisted even though it was obvious that he was. He was pissed about the whole situation.
"The reason we are dating is because I respected you enough" Calum said before turning into Emily's road.
"What"
"Do you not think that I wouldn't have kissed you if you weren't off your face?!" Calum asked raising his voice.
"I didn't say that" Emily said confused "are you saying this is my fault for drinking?"
"No" Calum sighed "you don't get it"
"No you're right I don't understand" Emily said as Calum stopped outside her house "this is so ridiculous"
"Yeah whatever" Calum said making Emily shake her head. Emily got out of the car and slammed the door before walking up to her front door.
Calum watch her unlock the door and walk in before he drove home.
He walked through his front door and into the kitchen where Joy was baking.
"I thought you had plans with Emily?" Joy frowned as she watched Calum walk into the kitchen and open the fridge.
"Yeah I did" Calum mumbled
"Do you want to talk about it?" Joy asked. Calum got ham and cheese out of the fridge before getting bread out of the bread bin.
"Talk about what?" Calum asked
"Did you Emily have an argument?" Joy asked watching Calum as he faced away from her making a sandwich.
"Sort of" Calum shrugged as he carefully cut the sandwich into triangles.
"Did you ask her about Scotland?" Joy asked going back to mixing her cake mixture.
"Not yet" Calum said turning around to face his mum with a sandwich in his hand "why are you making cake?" Calum asked
"Your dads birthday is tomorrow" joy said making Calum's eyes go wide.
"Shit" he said forgetting about it completely.
"Language" joy sighed looking up at Calum
"English" Calum smiled making joy shake her head at him.
"What am I supposed to get him?" Calum asked
Joy looked up at him stopping looking at her son.
"I don't know. A CD or something" Joy said making Calum nod before finishing his sandwich.
"Oh also Mali can't make it tomorrow night, so we're going to need a replacement" Joy said raising one eyebrow up at Calum
"What is Emily a replacement Mali?" Calum asked putting his plate in the dishwasher.
"No but she's welcome to come" Joy said with a small smile "also make sure you're back by seven we're going something tonight because she can't make it"
"Okay okay" Calum said before walking out of the kitchen and back out to his car.