4.3

Emily sat on Calum's bed with her legs crossed and back against pillows pressed against the head board. She sat with the book 'to kill a mocking bird' and a notepad, taking down notes for English literature as she read. Calum sat on the stool of his unused desk with an Acoustic guitar strumming lightly and randomly. They sat in a comfortable silence apart from the strumming from the guitar.
Emily let out a huff making Calum look over at her.
"When don't you take a break?" Calum suggested breaking the silence.
"I don't have much left to do" Emily said with a small shrug, even though she was exhausted.
"Em" Calum chuckled a little placing his guitar down and walking over to the bed to sit next to her. "You're going to pass it anyway" he said taking the book out of her hands "and you look awful"
"Wow thanks" Emily said sarcastically.
"Just take a break" Calum said placing the book on the side along with her notepad.
"But-"
"No" Calum said cutting her in "you've been doing it for hours"
"Okay fine" Emily sighed playing with her hands.
"You'll pass anyway it's probably pointless" Calum commented
"It's comforting knowing I know more than I need to" Emily sighed running her hands through her hair.
"So it is pointless?" Calum asked chuckling a little.
"Not exactly" Emily frowned "you wouldn't get it"
"Because I'm stupid" Calum nodded
"I didn't say that" Emily said rolling her eyes
"I dropped out of school"
"That was because you don't need it" Emily said looking at him "because you're talented which is way better"
"Never thought you'd be telling me dropping out of school was a good decision"
"I didn't say that" Emily said laughing a little.
"I regret nothing" Calum said laying back on the bed. Emily just nodded and laid down rolling on to her side.
"You're going to fall asleep aren't you?" Calum asked looking down at her.
"Probably" Emily mumbled into the pillow. It wasn't long before Emily was asleep and Calum was left unable to make sharp movements because she was laying on his side.

Calum was scrolling through his twitter when Ashton walked into his room.

"Hi" Ashton said sitting down on the bed.

"Since when were you coming over?" Calum asked turning his attention back to his phone.

"Every one else is busy so" Ashton said shrugging

"How'd you know I wasn't busy?" Calum asked putting his phone down and looking over at his best friend.

"Well you aren't" Ashton said looking over at Emily "Is she asleep at 4p.m?" Ashton asked

"Yeah she's got her last final tomorrow" Calum said looking down at Emily

"And she doesn't need to study because she could have passed them when she was like fourteen" Ashton commented with a nod making Calum smile at him.

"I wasn't smart at fourteen" Emily mumbled making Calum and Ashton look at her as she lifted her head and looked over at Ashton "Hi"

"Hi" Ashton said smiling at her.

"Movie?" Calum suggested making Ashton and Emily nod.

"I'll get the popcorn" Emily said swinging her legs over the side of the bed. Ashton watched her as she grabbed her phone from the floor and left the room. Calum stood up and walked over to his T.V.

"Ya know if you're going to check out my girlfriend, you could be more discrete about it" Calum said glancing over at Ashton who looked at him.

"Does she work out?" Ashton asked making Calum raise an eyebrow at him.

"No" Calum said bluntly putting on avengers and sitting back on his bed.

Emily walked in carrying a big bowl of popcorn. She gave the two boys who were looking at her a small, confused smile before climbing onto the bed and sitting next to Calum.