3.1

Christmas eve.

Emily was helping set up the house for the traditional Christmas eve party that her family had hosted for many years. Most people go to church, Emily's family throws a party. Emily was setting up some extra decorations around the fire place when Calum came up beside her. Noticing the shadowing she turned to look to see who was there.

"You're a little early" Emily commented before going back to aranging the candles.

"I was bored" Calum shrugged frowning at what she was doing but decided not to question it. Emily sat back on her heels and look up at him.

"Not the first time you two have been in that position" Tommy commented as he walked through the house making Calum chuckle a little as Emily shock her head standing up.

"Em- Oh hi Calum" Rachel said noticing Calum.

"Hello" Calum smiled.

"Em can you do the icing for the thingys" Rachel said as the phone rang. She left gesturing that she was going to answer it. Emily sighed a little and looked at Calum before walking into the kitchen. Calum followed her and noticed a lot of ingredients on the counter.

"I know i'm no cook but you don't put all of that in icing, right?" Calum frowned making Emily look up at him and laugh a little.

"I can't believe you just asked that" Emily said as she placed a glass bowl in front of her before pouring some icing sugar into the bowl. Calum just stood next to her as she mixed in the milk and butter into the sugar before adding a little flavoring.

"You know it still has lumps in it" Calum commented making Emily stop sturring and look over at him before dipping her finger in and wiping it across his face.

"Shut up" Emily said making Calum look at her oddly.

"You're weird"

"I know" Emily shrugged as Rachel walked in.

"Sorry about that. How are you Calum?" Rachel asked looking over at Calum who looked into her green eyes, the same shade as Emily's.

"I'm good thank you, how about you?" Calum asked with a small smile on his lips.

"I'm okay" Rachel nodded looking over at Emily's icing "Is your mum coming later?"

"Yeah I think so" Calum nodded

"Good. Is she bringing friends?" Rachel questionned

"I think. Is that okay?" Calum asked knowing it was polite.

"The more the merrier" Rachel said as Dave walked into the kitchen.

"Hello Calum" He nodded before walking out of the back door.

"I think that icing is done Em" Rachel commented "You two go and chill"

Emily shrugged before walking upstairs to her room.

"So why are you here?" Emily asked looking over at Calum from her bed. Calum took off his leather jacket and put it on her stool.

"I got something for you" Calum said rummaging in his pocket.

"I thought we said that we weren't doing presents" Emily said frowning at him a little as he walked towards her.

"Yeah I know but it is our anniversary as well and it didn't cost much"

Emily bit her lip as Calum stopped in front of her. "It's like our four month"

"But we have broken my record" Calum said with a small smile "Stand up" Emily stood up "Turn around" Emily turned around. Calum moved her hair to one side and put his hand back in his pocket to pull out the small necklace. It was a thin and fairly short chain. It had a small sliver love heart on it which had small, fake, diamonds on it. Calum unclasped it and put it around Emily's neck. As soon as she felt the silver touch her skin her eyes widen and she look down to try and see it but she couldn't really. Once Calum had clasped it back up Emily turned to look at him.