5.4

Calum and the other boys stood at the airport, with their hand luggage. They hugged their families goodbye as they waited for the gate to open. The airport wasn't overly busy, even though it was the summer in Australia - people didn't seem to be going on holiday at 9 in the morning. The band were leaving for England. This was it, a chapter in their lives - their careers. This was a big deal, a life changing event all four of them hoped that it would work out, that they could live their dream, by playing around the world and using a platform to spread the positive messages young people need to hear. To give a voice. To add something to the music industry. This was it, their shot. They could only hope they won't screw it up. 

"Now remember what I told you" Joy said to Calum as she came away from a hug, her hands still on her sons shoulders. 

"Yes mum you've told me a million times" Calum replied rolled his eyes, a little playfully. He undestood why his mum was making a fuss, he was moving across the world not doing to university in the next city over like everyone else his age. 

"You're just so young to be moving across the world" Joy sighed nervously looking at her son. 

"Mum I'll be fine" Calum mumbled "You know I'll be okay"
"You won't understand because you aren't a parent" Joy huffed at him. 

"You should be thankful I'm not a parent" Calum commented making Joy chuckle a little as she looked up at him with pride in her eyes. "Mum please don't worry about me" Calum begged making Joy give him a sad smile.
"That's impossible" Joy answered crossing her arms.

"Mate" Luke said nudging Calum and nodding behind Calum. Calum turned to see Tilly, Emily's little sister running towards him. Calum frowned placing down the rucksack he had picked up just moments before. He started walking forwards to meet her in the middle.
"Hey" Calum smiled as she stopped in front of her. 

"I wanted to say bye" Tilly smiled showing her gaps in her teeth. Calum chuckled as he bent down to her height. 

"Well goodbye" Calum said making her a smile as she hugged him for merely a second. 

"Do you want to say goodbye to Emily?" Tilly asked in a sad voice and big eyes. The mention of Emily's name made a lump form in Calum's throat. 
"She brought you?" Calum asked making Tilly nod. Calum looked over to see Emily standing a few feat away.
"Yeah okay" Calum nodded standing up and walking Tilly back over to Emily.
"I told you she was your biggest fan" Emily said as Calum approached her. Calum took her in, this would be the last time he'd see her for well, he didn't know how long. She looked tired, like she hadn't really slept, her face was make up free and her hair braid in french braids. She wore a pair of leggings and over sized T-shirt as she crossed her arms and looked up at him. 

"She's still my favorite Jones" Calum smiled down at Tilly who giggled and twiddled her hair around a lose piece of hair.
Calum looked at Emily who was looking at him. Their eye contact did the talking for a bit. Emily wanted to do nothing more then beg him to stay, just for a bit. It was weird because she was hurting because of them, but she needed nothing more than him to make her feel better. 
Emily's eyes welled up looking at him. Calum's eyes soften even more, which Emily didn't know was possible.
"Why are you crying?" Calum asked, which was a dumb question. 

"There are so many reasons" Emily whispered, biting her bottom lip to stop it from wobbling as tears trickled down her face. Calum brought his thumb up to her face and wiped her tears.
"You'll going to be okay" Calum promised 

"But what about you?" Emily whispered. Calum looked at her confused "you're moving across the world with little money and what if you get famous? Like will you be able to cope? I don't want you to get sick" 

"What are you talking about?" Calum asked laughing a little "Don't worry about me I'll be fine"
"I can't" Emily whispered her tears stopping "I can't because I love you"
Calum's heart beat a little faster as she said that.
"Em-" 

"Don't" Emily said interrupting him."Just, just do me proud Hood" Emily whispered as he brought her in to a hug. Calum felt the wetness from her tears on his shoulder as his hands rubbed on her back, comforting her. Emily inhaled his scent - it was her home scent. 
"Jones" Calum said pulling away from the hug. 

"What?" 

"You do me proud" Calum nodded making Emily raise an eyebrow at him. What was he excepting her to do that was that great? 

"I'll try my best?" She answered "Your gate is opening" Emily said as she wiped her face from tears and sniffed. Calum look behind him. Emily brought her fingers around the back of her neck and unclasped the sliver necklace that had been there for over a year now. She folded the small chain up in her hand.
"Goodbye Em" Calum said stepping away. Emily nodded
"Bye Cal" she whispered before taking his hand and putting the necklace in it.
"But this is yours" Calum frowned
"Don't forget me" Emily shrugged before Calum's name was called. He looked at Emily one last them before he turned and walked back to the boys.
"You ready?" Michael asked
"Yeah" Calum nodded they walked towards the gate. Calum turned to look over across the airport to see Emily with tears running down at her face. He took a deep breath before he walked behind Luke down the tunnel to the airplane. His right hand clasped tightly as he got to the airplane, the necklace safely inside it.  

Calum sat in his seat and opened his palm looking at the thin sliver chain. He picked it up and dangled it between his fingers as he stared at the sparkling heart. 

"One day" Calum whispered before putting the necklace into his jean pocket and wiping underneath his eye as Ashton sat down next to him. Calum looked out of the window remembering what Emily once told him about night flights; you can see the world in different lighting. He was ready to see what she meant. 

****
Okay so idk of this was cliche or cheesy because I'm not really into that kinda thing but eh.

So this is basically the last chapter in the book. Chapter 5.5 is a little different to the other chapters.
I know this is a super short ending but short and sweet the saying goes.

Okay so with out giving too much away about the sequel the title of it is:
*
*
*

'A Story Of Another Us'

Now I don't wanna make anything obvious about it or give anything away just don't get too deceived by the title but I'm excited for it and have planned it for ages. I want the first chapter up by this weekend.
I picked this title because once I listened to the song I had ideas for the sequel and it kinda makes sense title wise.
I hope you have all enjoyed this book as much as I have thinking about it/writing it. I'm super surprise with the responds I have gotten from it so far so thank you for that!
I hope you will continue to follow Emily and Calum (who we should think of a ship name for btw so if you have any ideas comment some) into another story, which is a tad different from this one.
I will probably look through this story and edit any spelling errors and things so if you get notifications that's what it will be.
Again thank you for all you're feed back and I'll see you in story of another us.